AMHA Paperwork

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckmini

Reaction score
So I sent in my AMHA transfer of ownership papers around the first of Jan and they cashed my check....but still no papers. What the heck, it can't possibly take this long! (we have recieved our AMHR papers back) are they normally this slow?

It does if there is a problem with your papers. Mine generally take around a month. Just call and ask them where they are. Maybe they are lost in the mail???
default_wacko.png

You can always email AMHA too. I get really good response doing that and have actually taken care of a lot of business with them that way.
default_smile.png

I would email the Registration Supervisior. I waited two months for transfers and finally emailed the supervisor, the person I was emailing no longer worked there. Anyway they had sent the papers out end of Oct. this was begining of Jan that I finally got a hold of some one. We decided the best course would be for me to get duplicates which I did, Two weeks after I received the duplicates the originals came in the mail. They had been lost in the mail since the end of Oct. This was registered mail.

So maybe don't wait, contact AMHA right away.

Just call them or email their registration department to inquire. I've noticed that my AMHA paperwork seems to take longer than my AMHR paperwork... but in the end, all is fine.

I sent in papers just after the first of the year also. I talked to them on the phone last week and one set was getting ready to be mailed the other they had not gotten to yet.

I am having the same problem - they charged my visa for all of my paperwork - the beginning of January. It is now Feb 18 - and nothing in the mail. I sent my AMHR paperwork in the same time - they didn't charge my visa until the beginning of the 3rd week of January - and I received all of my registrations in the mail the next week.

I called AMHA and they told me that my paperwork had all been processed on January 24th - but that was 3 weeks ago now. I was told to wait another week and if the package does not arrive - contact them again.

Another frustrating issue - when you go on to the AMHA studbook online - the last update was in early January - and the next update was scheduled for Feb 10th. Since I contacted them after Feb 10th - I asked them why the studbook online had not been updated. The person I spoke to - went and asked the IT guys - and they told her it would be updated by the weekend. Well the weekend is now past and the studbook online is still not updated. Why wouldn't they at least update the website saying that the update won't happen until a time that they know they will actually do it. I find this very frustrating - and very unprofessional!!!!

l sent in a new late registration for a yearling last Nov the charge for her and PQ was on my Dec visa but no papers ever came. A few weeks back l called the office and was told her paperwork is ready to go they were just waiting on the stallion report l never filed...what ??? l emailed my stamped and dated copy back and still nothing to date..

It once took me over 3 months to get papers back on a mare that I got. When I would call them, they would tell me that they mailed them to the original owner like 2 months prior. She never received them. I went to Ft. Worth (which was a 2 hour drive) during the World show and found the AMHA supervisor. I wanted my papers.
default_nono.gif
I had all my copies and had written down each time I had made contact with them. After talking with her, she made a phone call to the office. Then, I drove another hour to the main office in Alvarado. When I got there I was suppose to be getting a copy of the original, but they seemed to find the original sitting :DOH! on someones desk. I was livid. I had planned on showing this mare, but had been waiting on the ppwrk. Now, I send a note with my ppwrk. My check is not to be cashed until services are rendered. I know that they get busy, and I do understand that. However, if you take my money for services, then I expect to have those services done in a timely manner. It may not work for everyone, but it works for me.

I mailed mine in before Jan. 15 and haven't heard a thing, beginning to worry, sent AMHR papers in the same time and got them back already. Think I will email them tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent in a big pile of paperwork last month, but I'm not sweating it. This is their busiest time of year--look at all the people on here alone that also sent a big pile of paperwork in January! Breeding reports, membership renewals, registrations, futurity nominations, and the convention...I'd hate to be working in the office this time of year! I did already get confirmation of my breeding reports, and I figure the papers will come shortly after. Does it take additional time for them to match new registrations with their DNA results? I find even with foaling that spring is the best time to file paperwork, so I try not to hold off on anything time-sensitive.

I guess it just depends as I sent in AMHR work jan 23 nothing yet, sent amha in feb 2nd got it back already.

Latest posts

Back