AMHA National Meeting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
For those of you that were fortunate enough to go to Vegas, please tell us what passed&what didn't.If you won any money gambling, I'd like to hear about that, too.I usually just donate when I gamble(left a few dollars in Reno in Nov), but here in Delaware if you attend any shows at the Delaware State Fairgrounds part of your losings go to improve our nice equine facility.That makes me feel a little better when I lose.Wonder where the losings go in Vegas?Probably not for horse stuff.

Charlotte posted about it earlier but when I tried to read it, the link was broken and it has been removed.

I don't know why but I for one would sure like to know what happened at the meeting.

Mary

Starting in 2008 Amateur Level 1 will be split into heights just like Level 2 is this year. It is up to the show to decide if they will have the size splits or not.

AOTE is split into Jr and Sr classes. It is up to the show to decide if they will have the size splits or not.

3 yr old Country Pleasure, 4 yr old Country Pleasure, 3 yr old Single Pleasure, 4 yr old Single Pleasure classes have been created. It is up to the show to decide if they will have the classes or not.

Thanks for the updates - sounds like it has been productive!

Jan

What happened with the issue of changing the date of the National meeting from Feb back to November? Did it come up for a vote?What about Ronnie Clifton's proposal for an appendix registry?Bet that was some heated discussion!

Just got back at 5 a.m. this morning (yes it was a VERY LONG NIGHT!!!), trying to catch up on overdue schoolwork so no time to really get into the details just now.

As far as the questions asked, the National meeting remains in Feb. However, there is a sub-committee to membership that is being formed to address the desire for absentee voting. I volunteered to be on that sub-committee, I believe this is an important issue.

There was a very well-presented discussion of the appendix registry at the very end of the meeting. Ronnie did an excellent job of presenting, and also of presenting that side of the discussion when it came up. I believe there will be a further polling of the membership on this issue. The majority of people that were at the meeting did not want it. But he had solid enough numbers to at least not slam the door on it completely. We'll see how it goes; it appears to be several years in the future before even a possible implementation. An excellent discussion with passion on both sides, but very civil overall.

The meeting went pretty smoothly in my opinion. There was no huge controversy and everyone was very civil even when they were totally passionate about some point of view. I found the whole process interesting once I kind of figured out what was going on. In addition to the absentee voting sub-committee, I volunteered for the Drug committee and also Computer/Internet (I am a computing systems analyst). We'll see what happens!

I quite enjoyed going and the very best part was I got to meet some of our forum folk...including Libby Rosen and LISA GREENWOOD!!! :saludando: Very cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still in Vegas and thought I would try to list as much as I can as to what passed and failed. The catch is that you need to refer to your MHW to see what was being voted on.

Article IV Section 3 Passed

Article V Section 3 (B) Passed

Article VI Section 2 Failed

Article VII, Section 1 Passed

Article IX Section 2-B Passed

Article X Section 3 Failed

Article X new section 7 Passed

Article VII Section 1-C Passed

Article XI Section 4 Passed

Article XI Section 6 Failed

Article XI Section 6 Failed

Article XIV Failed

General Rule 133 Passed

General Rule 184-A Passed

General Rule 184-H Passed

General Rule 192 Passed

GR 020 A Failed

GR 020 E Not voted on (if I understood correctly it was because what was presented in the MHW was incorrectly presented)

GR 020 E Passed

GR 050 C 1 Passed

CL 025 A Passed

CL 030 E Passed

CL 060 J Passed

CL 065 C 1 d Passed

CL 065 C 1 c 5 (new) passed

CL 065 C 1 c 6 (new) Failed

CL 065 C 2 B Passed

YD 010 c Failed

AM 010 B 2 (new) Failed

AM 010 B 3 (new) Failed

PA 015 C Passed

PA 020 A & B Passed

PA 030 E Passed

WS 028 B Passed

WS 030 A Passed

PA 030 E Passed

Hope I didn't mess this up. Now you have to go check for the changes from MHW to see what passed and what failed.

I attended lots of Committee meetings (6 I think), both Board meetings and a day and a half of General Membership meetings. This made for a full four days.

The good news was that I was too busy to loose money in the slots.

The dinner was great in a room surrounded by beautiful old cars. Our table donated $60 to a gelding incentive fund (I think) to be the second table to go to the buffet. I think the first table donated $100. We were a long ways from the buffet table so it was a worthy cause and it saved us from being served last.

Chandler was at our table and he recieved his silver buckle award for FeFe.

Thanks, Neil! That does the job.

And yes, I forgot to mention (how could I!) that I met Chandler! And actually spent quite a bit of time with him. What a sweetheart! He also has a beautiful horse in training with Patty, so we will get to spend more time getting to know each other in the upcoming year. :saludando: Hi Chandler!

I met quite a few people over the course of 4 days, not sure how many of them are forum members. Hope I didn't miss anyone else!

I would like to add the news from the Gelding Incentive Committee. We will be giving the money at the World Show with the sale of the services donated, training, clinics and lessons with this year adding from judges one day of judging. So check out who donated and if possible buy those services. It only helps promote the geldings of our industry.

Also added is a new program to pay back those geldings that show all year but might not make it to the World Show. For a nominiation fee of $25 in amateur or open and $10 for youth, these geldings will earn honor roll points toward an end of the year payout. You have to nominate for each division but in each division it will pay back the top halter horse and the top performance horse.

The points go on the gelding and stay with that horse even if sold. Example you nominiate your gelding for the amateur division for $25. You have someone that can show level 1 and level 2 plus AOTE, points from all three classes go toward the end of the year and these points are from Honor Roll so it will be easy to keep track of. If you sell this gelding his points stay with him for the next amateur to add to those still for the end of the year. This makes the geldings more marketable. Performance points will be totaled from driving, obstacle, hunter, jumping and showmanship. If you have youth showing your horse, all youth points also stay with the horse. So its really a winning program for those that truly use those geldings.

The new forms should be online around March 1 and just for this year anyone nominating their geldings before April 1 can use points already earned this year. After April 1 the points start to accumulate after signing up. You will be able to sign up at shows but must do so before the close of the show for the points from that show to count. In future years you can nominiate anytime during the year and the points will start to accumulate from that point.

All monies will be paid out at the Annual Awards Banquet with each division paying first thru fifth place. All Standings will posted in MHW on the Gelding Incentive page.

Now the only way to make this program a success is to get those geldings nominated and get them showing. The more horses in the program the more the payout will be. With just a rough figure we know that if 200 geldings are nominated that should pay out approx. $1000 for first place for open and amateur and $500 for youth in each division, so get those nominations in asap.

Also great news for the Gelding Incentive Fund is the increase in the temp to perm fee for stallions. It was raised from $50 to $60 with the extra $10 going to Gelding INcentive.

We had a great committee meeting and will be working more on how to help make the most of the geldings in AMHA. Earleen Roberts as chairman did a great job with this committee . Every member put in alot thought and ideas and I think we came up with a great start for a program to promote geldings throughout the year.

Amy, Amy, I'm hurt
default_sad.png

I tought it was a good meeting. Lots of positive energy. Lots of good ideas. Now we need to keep it going. :aktion033:

Al

Absolutely THRILLED with the new gelding incentive programs!!!! :aktion033: Especially the one using Honor Roll points! That is a WIN WIN WIN situation! Just think how that will encourage gelding good horses AND how it will boost local shows !!!!!

I have to give a great big [SIZE=18pt]thank you [/SIZE] to everyone working on committees all last year and to everyone who made the effort to attend the meeting and VOTE! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Charlotte

Was anything decided on as far as the hardship fees?? Will they be lowering them? If so, for how long and what will the lowered prices be??

Thanks!

Was anything decided on as far as the hardship fees?? Will they be lowering them? If so, for how long and what will the lowered prices be??
Thank you Sheryl, I was wondering the same thing!

QUOTEWas anything decided on as far as the hardship fees?? Will they be lowering them? If so, for how long and what will the lowered prices be??

Thank you Sheryl, I was wondering the same thing!
You're welcome, Terri :saludando:

Oh Al, ya know I can't believe I missed you! :eek: Everyone, I met Al_B!!!! He is a total star, participating in our much beloved PERFORMANCE COMMITTEE, something near and dear to my driving horse lovin' heart!

Lowering the hardship fees was not discussed in any of the meetings I attended. So sorry!

I can see that I made a terrific impression. I was on the Show Rules Committee, the Computer Committee and the Marketing Committee. But, alas, not on the Performance Committee.

:eek:

Oh my GOSH!!!! I am a total hambone. You are havin' fun wit this poor, sleep-deprived, addle-brained, old grandma aren't ya, Mr. Al! I had to have seen you in SHOW RULES then, because I didn't get the chance to get to the other ones. Were you IN the performance committee meeting? Please say yes so I know I am not completely nutz. :lol: :eek:

No, I was not :new_all_coholic: though it may seem so! As you can all tell, going to the annual meeting is a whirlwind event! Meetings, meetings, meetings and so many new acquaintances!
default_whistling.gif
: Go next year and you too can totally embarrass yourself when you return! :new_rofl: And of course Al B will be there to make sure you "out" yourself on your own :eek:
default_poke.gif
:

default_wub.png
:

You and Patty Cloke were standing in the hall talking with my spousal unit right after the Drug Committee meeting.

default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Hee hee this has been so way funny to read a much needed giggle for sure!

You get her AL!!

I sure would remember you if I met you in person I hear you are totally unforgetable.. well except to Amy
default_wacko.png
:

Ok sorry Amy just was set up so perfect couldnt resisit
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back