Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PintoPalLover

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My first mini , that I got about 4 1/2 years ago, full name is Stormy Rivers Scouts Shez My Girl . I was wondering if anybody on here knows anything about Stormy River Ranch or Talent Scout , I love my little Scout bred mare ! I believe Talent Scout is in AZ now , but I'm not positive where he's at. I never quite understood if Stormy River Ranch owned him for a period of time or what exactly. I'd love to to hear anything about him or Stormy River Ranch's history. Also my mare is suppose to have a full sibling that I've never found anything on except her entry in AMHA's studbook, she was still in her breeders name as was their dam, and my mare was suppose to have had two foals before I purchased her, I don't know if they were registered or not ,I'm pretty sure not in AMHA, but I haven't ever got AMHR's studbook. I've scanned the internet finding half siblings etc and love anything like that.
default_yes.gif

Any info would be appreciated ! ! Thank you !

P.P.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this will be much help, but Stormy River Ranch was based in Oregon......Paul and Karen Sanders. They dispersed their herd several years ago. I think they were mostly focused on registering with AMHA and they did show their horses. Dredging my memory, but I do believe Talent Scout was a stallion for them. Oh, and Paul and Karen were very active with the Northwest Miniature Horse Club, which is AMHA sanctioned. That may be an avenue to pursue. The club has a website, or at least it used to.

Thanks Miniv !! I knew that Stormy Rivers was based out of Boring, OR but only from Nollie's papers. I think they might raise Windhounds now, if so they have a website but we didn't have much luck when we tried contacting them before, might have to try again now. I think Nollie was sold from their farm as a two year old but I'm not positive, at least I think she was transferred to her second owner then. I didn't know anything about their showing or how they stood with AMHA though.

Thank you !!!!!!

I tried contacting the Sanders again , not too long after my last post on this topic . Karen was very nice, and said Nollie's mom lived out her remaining years with a good horse friend. Made me happy ! I emailed her back , but like last time, she hasn't emailed me again. I imagine she's busy so I'm just glad to have gotten one more nice email from her.

Back