Amateur Clinic - Louisville, KY THIS COMING WEEKEND

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie Ballard

Reaction score
:new_shocked: FREE....did I mention it is FREE......so join us for an educational...FUN weekend! :aktion033:

Mid-America Miniature Horse Club www.mamhc1.com and The Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club are hosting an Amateur Clinic this coming weekend at the Shelbyville Fairgrounds, Shelbyville, KY. www.angelfire.com/ky3/bluegrassminis/"Run for the Roses" Amateur Training Clinic

Bradley Barn – enclosed arena and stalls

Start Time each day 9:00 AM ~ Bring a chair!

Hotel List see MAMHC website or Bluegrass Club websitefor info

Amateur clinic – no charge to attend

Box lunches for Saturday and Sunday with Saturday evening meal can be reserved for $30. The caterer is "Our Best Restaurant" known for their great country cooking entrees. Saturday evening includes dessert.

Registration required if you wish to have lunch or evening meal. Must send in payment with registration if you want meals.

If you wish to bring a horse, must send $15 for stall usage with registration. Stalls are 10 X 10 box stalls. Should bring own shavings for stall.

Training brochures will be mailed to area clubs with daily schedule, schedule shared on web site of both clubs ~ everyone welcomed! Forms and schedule available online at http://angelfire.com/ky3/bluegrassminis or http://www.mamhc1.com/

Two-day clinic features the following speakers/trainers*:

• Lee Crutchfield – halter, conditioning, judging perspectives

• Natalie Roberts (donating time and expertise) – grooming the halter horse with the finishing touch

• John Rimmer – driving, fitting harness, ground work and driving critiques

• Laura Tennill – showmanship and halter tips – Laura will conduct a session particularly with youth exhibitors for showmanship and halter

• Ashley Harris – performance events ~ hunter, jumper, obstacles

• Kerby Jones – grooming tips

*Other trainers who are members from both clubs will assist the invited speakers in the hands-on sessions to ensure that each participant receives assistance in learning the skills being taught.

This Amateur event will feature demonstrations, hands-on opportunities and discussion time for participants to speak with peers and featured guests on particular equine topics. Driving, halter and grooming sessions will be held on both days but may cover different levels of expertise.

If anyone wishes to bring a horse for the hands-on sessions, please note these requirements:

1. Current health papers and coggins per Kentucky regulations

2. Stall fee of $15 for the two days - charged by the facility and paid to facility

3. Participant should bring own supplies for clipping, grooming, driving, etc. and bring bedding supply for stall

Saturday evening meal will include a panel discussion from our featured guest. Participants can submit questions during the day or ask questions that evening relating to any aspect of the clinic topics.

Directors from both AMHA and ASPC/AMHR have been invited to speak Sunday

morning to present to membership those issues and topics being discussed at the national level.

Facility offers limited electrical hookups for $20/night

For more information, contact:

Charlotte Chowning – [email protected] or 502-418-7743

Debbie Meek – [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great clinic -- too bad I'm so far North.

(besides, I'll be awatching the Derby!)

My Best Restaurant food is yummmmmy!!!! Lee & I will be at a Derby Party Saturday but we plan on stopping by Sunday. We have been members of the Mid America Club since 1986 & the Bluegrass Club since it started........ The rain is suppose to be out of here soon so it should be a nice weekend for all involved. I hope everyone has a productive & pleasant weekend perhaps even catch a bit of the Derby fever. One of the Derby visitors this year is The Queen.

Latest posts

Back