Aloe Vera Juice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone regularly fed Aloe Vera juice to their horses, if so, why do you feed it, how many times a day, and how much do you feed. I know a lot of people who use it in their big horses to prevent ulcers, as its much cheaper than most ulcer preventatives and readily available at walmart for $8 a gallon, and I was wondering if it may be beneficial to my show horses, or if its a waste of money.

I was wondering if anyone regularly fed Aloe Vera juice to their horses, if so, why do you feed it, how many times a day, and how much do you feed. I know a lot of people who use it in their big horses to prevent ulcers, as its much cheaper than most ulcer preventatives and readily available at walmart for $8 a gallon, and I was wondering if it may be beneficial to my show horses, or if its a waste of money.
I know alot of the guys at the racetrack use it and swear by it for the horses stomachs. I've talked to several who have found it more effective then the Stomach supplements that are much more expensive. But, if you read most ingredient lists on Ulcer supplements, almost all of them contain Aloe Vera. I haven't tried it on my horses, but have heard many swear by the stuff.

~Jen~

Anyone know the correct amount for a mini?
I had a Mini many years ago who had leg surgery and had to be on Bute for an extended time.He develped ulcers and was told by a top vet at an Eastern Vet teaching hospital to try Aloe Vera juice.She suggested 6 cc orally 2 times daily.IT WORKED-he stopped grinding his teeth and ulcers were gone.Unfortunately the surgery caused complications with shoulder atrophy and he had to be euthanized but he didn't have the ulcers anymore.I drink Aloe juice myself as a digestive aid.Works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Aloe on my guy for ulcers. My vet recommended it and I give him 1/4 cup per day. He's 36" and she estimated him at 250 lbs. He has had no problems since and he likes the taste of it.

Latest posts

Back