Almost done with the barns!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osu_barrelracer

Reaction score
We've been hard at it getting our two new barns done. We've got one almost completely done, just minor stuff to finish in the huge tack room (I think I could live in there) and the feed room. We have half the stalls in the other barn, and are waiting on the rest to arrive.

We have most of the mini show horses and broodmares moved out of our old barn and into the new one, FINALLY!!!!

So here are some pictures
default_laugh.png

The two new barns:

Farm4-1.jpg

The miniature horse stalls in the show barn:

Barn4.jpg

Some of the boys enjoying their new stalls:

Barn1.jpg

Barn2.jpg

The 'big' horse side of the show barn:

Barn5.jpg

Big Horse stall:

Barn3.jpg

Mini Horse stall:

Barn7.jpg

And the whole isle of the show horse barn
default_smile.png

Barn6.jpg

We also did matching run in sheds in every pasture/padock. . . I believe we did 10+ of those, and another one thats a run-in/tack room-feed room combo.

FARM6-1.jpg

It has been a ton of work, but it is finally paying off

Last edited by a moderator:
What a nice facility!!
default_biggrin.png
I love looking at barn pics! What are the dimensions of the mini stalls.....they look so nice!
default_wub.png

What a fantastic job, you must be proud of your work.
default_wub.png
Thanks, we are exceptianly proud of these barns. We had a guy come out and put the shells of the barns up, but have done the rest of the work ourselves. We did all the framing and building of the tack rooms and feed rooms, did all the wood work on the insides of the barns. We also did all the concrete work ourselves (I hope to NEVER have to do that again!!). Then we also did all the rock and prep work for the stalls, and installed the stalls and the wood. Lol...and we used a TON of stain in those barns
default_new_shocked.gif

I agree a TON of work! wow - very impressive and such a great job on the design.

Did you build them yourselves and out of curiosity - how long did it take you to put all that together?

Job well done for sure! Thanks for sharing - always enjoy seeing what folks do for their facilities.

What a nice facility!!
default_biggrin.png
I love looking at barn pics! What are the dimensions of the mini stalls.....they look so nice!
default_wub.png

The miniature horse stalls are 8X12 and the big horse stalls are 10X14 They are perfect sized stalls. All the stalls in the other barn are 10X14 and then a massive foaling stall.

I agree a TON of work! wow - very impressive and such a great job on the design.Did you build them yourselves and out of curiosity - how long did it take you to put all that together?

Job well done for sure! Thanks for sharing - always enjoy seeing what folks do for their facilities.

Yes, apart from hiring someone to build the shells, we have done all the work ourselves. We have been working on these barns for a year of so now. It has been a every weekend, evening, and free second project. The biggest wait has been to get the stalls in. We've worked closely with several different local company's on getting all the materials that we needed. The mini stalls were a custom order from Priefert, and that took a lot of back and forth communicating to get perfect.

Just simply beautiful!!!! Your hard work paid off. I have to say that I also like your open area/property and the wide blue sky. I hope you have many good times in that barn.

Just for the fun of it, here are some "In Process" photos of our barn building adventures
default_wink.png

Putting boards on the wall:

Barn11.jpg

Working on the walls:

Barns3.jpg

Barns1.jpg

BAAAAAARN.jpg

Framing feed rooms:

Barn33.jpg

The tack room in the show barn (still an ongoing design project
default_smile.png
), the pictures don't do it justice to how huge it really is:

Barn44.jpg

Barns2.jpg

Barn22.jpg

OMG wow
default_biggrin.png
the inside of your barn is just beautiful....lf that was mine no one would ever see me in the house again l'd be living out with the minis full time. Lucky you and your lucky horses who call the place home.

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
WOW! When ya coming to Michigan to build mine???
default_biggrin.png
LOOKS AWESOME!

default_new_shocked.gif
WOW-I can only dream of owning a barn and property like that some day!!! Hopefully in Virginia
default_biggrin.png

Thank you guys so much! The farm will always be a work in progress. Always something to do! Three years ago it was just an 80 acre field with a house, no fencing or anything. It has come a long way. My father in law is the mastermind behind all the carpentry work on the barns, what a hard working guy!

Very beautiful!!!!! I do have a question.... What is going on/being planned with the 1/2 walls you have? I mean, are you going to extend it further into the aisleway? Or are the partions for equipment or something? I'm trying to figure out why the partion walls are (or seem to be) only 3 feet wide......

Not trying to sound nasty, just stumped as to the partions and I can't find a way to say what I'm asking.....

Very beautiful!!!!! I do have a question.... What is going on/being planned with the 1/2 walls you have? I mean, are you going to extend it further into the aisleway? Or are the partions for equipment or something? I'm trying to figure out why the partion walls are (or seem to be) only 3 feet wide......Not trying to sound nasty, just stumped as to the partions and I can't find a way to say what I'm asking.....
Heres the deal with the 4 ft walls. We got an amazing deal on some really nice used 10ft side panels for the stalls (have to save money where you can!) However, our stalls are 10 (front) X 14 (side), therefore, we needed to add an extra 4 feet. Because every stall was at a beam, it was super easy to just put in another beam four feet out, then we got the metals brakets to just slide the wood in. We liked the results so much that rather then buying 14ft side panels for the other barn (where most of our boarding client horses will go) we went with the same idea.

Let me tell you why:

If you notice, in the pictures on the first page, we have our feeders and hay racks in the back of the stall. Have you ever feed 20 big horses all at once, early in the morning, and they are all a bunch of grouchy guys who think, even though they are in their OWN stall, that everyone else is out to steal their food? The 4ft partitions give each horse some privacy when eating. We have some rather, how would you say, prissy eventers and barrel horses (who think they are Gods gift to the world
default_rolleyes.gif
). With the partitions, we have no more lunging at other horses, nervously pacing trying to protect their food ect, ect, ect.

So...thats whats up! lol

Latest posts

Back