Ageing pony by teeth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sticking with my suggestion of young horse ...1.5 to 2.5 years , the teeth are very white , the colour of milk teeth

I agree with Supaspot I still think she is a baby. Tooth color and angle, length of tail and body type.

Her tail was a bit longer, It was matted so badly I had to cut a chunk of it out then shortened it to make it even.

She is a really sweet pony, and I cant wait to see her up to weight and shed out.

I am also finding I might have another issue with her. From the front and back she has that Triangle shape, I am not sure if she is bred or not, I am hoping she isnt. All I know is she was found on the side of a road with 2 donkeys one Jack one Jenny who is bred. Vet didnt palpate because of her size, so I might just order a wee foal and rule it out. I will go get pics and post them. She has NO udder as of yet which also tells me she is very young.

I am not convinced, but since it does not affect her treatment at all I think the best thing to do is wait and see if she sheds any teeth in the spring!

I wish we had a "nice person" award on here as I would be attaching it to your name- so many people have "rescued" and "adopted" horses from bad situations this year it is really heart warming.

On her behalf I should like to award you my very own "Nice Person of 2012" award and thank you for taking such good care of her- now let's hope she is not in foal.....

Awwe! Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. I also hope she isnt in foal. But I am not convinced yet. I asm not sure if her shape is due to what she has been eating, But I know for the past week she has been on good food and high qual;ity hay, as well I add 1 -2 cups alfalfa pellets daily.

She is still very shy and when I brush her back side she likes to kick out at me. But She does have the making of a" I want to be a good pony". Just needs some more patience, handleing, and love.

Here is a series of pictures. Hope yall can see them ok and decide if a wee foal test is in order. Or its just bad diet up to this point.

http://s423.beta.photobucket.com/user/ShyBon/media/121612016_zps719d441a.jpg.html?sort=6&o=4

http://s423.beta.photobucket.com/user/ShyBon/media/121612018_zps74dcdbf9.jpg.html?sort=6&o=2

http://s423.beta.photobucket.com/user/ShyBon/media/121612017_zpsaf846e64.jpg.html?sort=6&o=3

http://s423.beta.photobucket.com/user/ShyBon/media/121612022_zps7f6e7dfa.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

I gave her probios this morning to add some beni bac to her gut.

Hummmmm I can see why you might be suspicious! Let's hope it is a lack of food/starvation tummy. And yes, testing her would be a good idea.

Incidently I agree with Jane (even if not about the teeth!) and also want to thank you for saving this sweet little mini - she's a very lucky girl!

She looks unbelievably like a chicken to me!!!
default_new_rofl.gif

Amazing isnt it! LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor baby! Well, certainly a possibility she is pregnant as Kandi ran multiple stallions with mares. I would get her on ulcer medication asap if she's not already. I know the horses confiscated were being fed a senior feed and grass hay, which with those teeth I would definitely make sure she stays on. I would DNA test her and see if AMHA can search through their database to find out who her sire and dam might be. Even if you don't need papers, sometimes it's nice to know who the horses are
default_smile.png
All of Kandi's stallions were DNA'd and a large majority of her AMHA mares, especially the appaloosas.

Ohmt...

I am so confused. Was that post meant for me? Or did you accidently post it here?

This mare/ filly is a pony, shetland size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonny, I think ohmt was referring to the horse I posted the teeth pictures of for you to compare to. She came from a hoarder named Kandi Crow.

Ohmt, I have a thread started in the mare stare board in case our new mares from the auction are pregnant. There are recent pictures of our two on it. Also, I'm not familiar with giving ulcer medication, could you explain the benefit please? Thanks.

Oh ok I was very confused
default_smile.png
thanks for making it clear!

Latest posts

Back