About manure

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me...... Since I stopped giving my boys Omolene 200 last summer to early fall I've noticed an increase in manure piles. They are now getting Legends 12% textured and talk about piles!! I had noticed with the Omolene they were'nt putting out as much, meaning they were utilizing it better? Is it just my imagination? I switched them over because my feed store does not carry Purina products and I needed something that was readily available to me. Now I'm wondering if I should rethink my feed program. Any thoughts?

I know I have read that it can make a difference for dogs when comparing dog food. I'm sure that if a horse feed has more "fillers" that the result would be more manure. However, I don't know that this would be problem for them just for you. :bgrin How do they seem otherwise?

l just wanted to say if we have a bad hay season where it's been baled course they poop like there's no tomorrow but when it's been a good hay year it's about half the poop pick up each day.

Jayne...they don't seem any worst for it. I have noticed they are a wee bit plumper than I'd like them to be....but we had quite a bit of good green pasture this past spring and summer and they took a year off from showing so I really did'nt get them in show fit condition.

Relic....I did'nt think of the hay thing...good point. I get my hay second cut from the same farmer down the pike...and the hay is really good quality everytime. But I'll keep that in mind tho.

I really wish there was some supplier closer by who stocks Purina. I really liked it when they were on it.

Latest posts

Back