A show brag!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txminipinto

Reaction score
Ok, I don't normally brag on the message forum. But I've spent a lot of time and energy on this particular pony that I thought I would share my joy. Anybody in Area V who knows me, knows I have a tendency to end up with pretty comical shetlands in my ownership. My first one was Rosie (aka Nosey Rosie). Rosie's nothing compared to Happy.

Happy Hooligan O.K. - I've never meet a more appropiately named horse in my life. He's always in a good mood and he's always looking to cause trouble. I even spoke to Dennis OKeefe at Congress and told him about the behavioral problems we were having. He was shocked! He even took Happy for a walk and NO issues with him. Yet, this pony walks ALL over me. I'll admit, yes, I'm a trainer and this pony has got me by the
default_new_shocked.gif
. Dennis did admit that he named him due to his mischievous side.
default_rolleyes.gif
He bites, he USED to strike, and likes to periodically launch himself like a Lipizzaner! SO much fun to show
default_nono.gif
Now, he's not mean or aggressive about it. Just likes to see the reaction he's going to get.
default_laugh.png

This pony is worked more than any other on our farm. He's one of those that has to be worked every day to keep him calm AND it's FINALLY PAID OFF.

I first want to thank Leah Johnson for loaning me her stallion bridle, because without it, I don't think this past weekend would have turned out as well.

Happy Hooligan O.K. was WELL BEHAVED IN THE RING (outside is another story - we'll work on that.
default_wink.png
) and took his first 2 GRANDS!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
I guess he gets to keep his boys for a little while longer.
default_wink.png

CorsicanaNov07a.JPG
Look Ma, all 4 feet on the ground!

Carin Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
- I've seen your "struggles" with Happy but he is beautiful. Having two OK ponies myself I can vouch for the fact they are both extremely HIGH energy. I believe that is a good thing because they have positive attitudes and lots of self confidence which translates into presence. And mine being bays they need something to set them apart. Snickers is a 10 year old gelding and his energy level equals or surpasses his 3 year old half sister.

Anyway - congratulations again - I'm HAPPY you're HAPPY with HAPPY :DOH! (Couldn't resist
default_biggrin.png
)

Oh congrats Carin! hes beautiful! and i know exactly how you feel i have a 29 inch gelding that is the same way. but he is by far my favorite horse ever
default_smile.png
Congrats again
default_smile.png

Congrats Carin and such a beautiful stallion
default_aktion033.gif

I had to laugh at your comment about all four feet being on the ground, my first time in the ring with Royal was very much like that lol. I dont think all four feet were on the ground for more then 5 seconds lol.

Congrats agian, he looks good
default_smile.png

I guess he gets to keep his boys for a little while longer.
When Royal lost his boys, it didnt change much ...just made him try harder lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Well, Congrats...Carin....I know that has been a long time coming...!!!! I've seen some of your struggles and frustrations in the ring with that rascal....!!

Well-deserved wins!!!!!!

Thanks everyone! Yes, Elizabeth, this is the one I would like to see in a cart (without me behind him of course!). He's a Georgetown's Tom Cat grandson, so he's got the breeding behind him.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back