A serious Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodnldy

Reaction score
Does anyone on here know someone that has had the lap-band surgery?? I have dieted off and on for years,more on than off. Something has to give because its affecting my overall health. I have read a little on this technique and know it is the least invasive. I have talked to my Dr. and he says I would qualify, no problem. All pro's and cons needed to make this decision. Thanks. Cheryl

I'd be interested in hearing any personal stories too...I've seen the commercials, but commercials are meant to sell you something.... :new_multi:

Are you talking about the stomach staple surgery?

If so, I need to get back to you on that. Larry knows someone who had it done a few months ago.

MA

No it is not as drastic as the gastric bypass. In this surgery, no cutting and rerouting of the plumbing, an adjustable band is put around a spot on the stomach, and can be adjusted externally. Less invasive, supposed to be safer and quicker recovery. I have been contemplating it as well, so would be interested to hear.

I had a friend who had it done, shes lost over a hundred pounds!

Bonnie

Forum member Wee Mite Village had it done last year. Maybe she'll come on and tell you about it.

[SIZE=12pt]A friend of mine had the lap band and lost 230 lbs over about 1and a half years. She worked out alot too when she got to where she could. She does have a lot of extra skin that she has wanted to remove but hasn't. [/SIZE]

The only complaint I've ever heard her make was that you must eat slowly because if you don't you'll eat too large a volume of food and make you feel really sick. You will get too full before you realize you're full (if that makes sense) She also told me it was very expensive (she was lucky her work insurance paid for almost all of it) Be careful and do your homework. Any surgery has it's strong points and draw backs.

Hope you find what will help
default_yes.gif
: best of luck :bgrin

Latest posts

Back