A public THANK YOU!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
Shannon Hobbs and Parmela Bonney are angels on earth. I can't begin to thank them enough for what they've done to help me and Wiz.

If you read my earlier posts (on the main forum) you're aware of the problems that Wiz's stud-like behavior were causing on my small farm. I didn't have the facilities to provide him with his own space and was totally devistated about it because I felt that I had failed him miserably. It was after I was forced to face my own limitations that I contacted CMHR and ask for their help in finding Wiz a home. Shannon contacted me immediately and offered her personal help. Within a few days she told me she had contacted Parmela and that Wiz had a new home with Parmela at Star Ridge Acres.

Wiz is in his new home now and I'm teary eyed as I sit here and try to find the words that will adequately express my deep appreciation to these two ladies.

I honestly don't know what I'd have done without you.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

Donna,

That's what it's all about! Helping one another! I agree wholeheartedly that these two wonderful ladies are the best!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
and bless your heart for giving it a try. You are very special. :love

default_aktion033.gif
That is sure too bad he didn't work out for you, but he sure couldn't have ended up in a better home than with Parmela either! Will be looking forward to some updates from Parmela! Merry Christmas to you all!

Donna,

You did a GREAT thing for those horses, including Wiz!
default_aktion033.gif
And you weren't overstating his behavior AT ALL! He's a handful and a half!
default_new_shocked.gif
But he's not mean, just hasn't been taught what's acceptable behavior. The first thing on the agenda is to get the vet out here and get his little boys removed!! That should help considerably. But experience does tell me that he's still going to be somewhat of a problem, so that will just take time and probably a few backaches on my part! :DOH! He's strong as an ox and has no concept of what's his space versus what's mine, but it will come in time.

One thing's for sure...he's gorgeous!!
default_wub.png
He's has straight legs, a nice level topline (albeit a bit skinny still, but that will take time), a great hip and shoulder, and a pretty head. As we all know, his bite is WAY off due to lack of proper dental care, but even it's better than it was before he got his teeth done recently. And his mane, tail and forelock are just beautiful!!! He will make a very pretty cart pony at some point. I'm determined to find him a job!!
default_aktion033.gif

So, thanks Donna for everything you're doing for the horses!! I'll post some pics of Wiz in a few days (it's nothing but a mud pit here right now!).

Sorry to hear that Wiz didn't work out at your farm. Sounds like he is in capable hands with Parmela. He will come around with work and care. I was wanting to get a horse from that farm, but we just added 2 yearlings to our little herd and would have had the same problems you encountered, by not having his own space.

I really liked ghost "the stolen horse" HA! HA!. Some people can't read between the lines. I'm refering to that wonderful world press blog. Is Ghost still at your place or has the little hitchhiker headed home. I know that the new owner is excited. As wild as he was I really liked him.

Hi Tnkrtoy. Little Ghost - now known as Twister - hitchhiked south and got home on Saturday. I think his new mom is pleased with him, although, like me, she wants to get close enough for a hug and he still doesn't like that idea. He's just soooooo huggable but also very independent.

Here's a picture of the little beggar right before he caught his ride south.

pix003.jpg

I REALLY wish I'd had time to run inside and find those red reindeer antlers to put on him for his going-away picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny after my posting I received and email from the new home with pictures. "Kansas" looks so much better than he did at Uniontown and his first foster home. Looks like you gave him very good care. I thought he might be a Cremalo Pinto. Any thoughts on that? I think he will be okay at the end of his long journey, after he gains trust and understanding from his new home.

By the way he looks really good in red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donna - I hope those are tears of happiness.
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png

Parmela - I am having the same issues with my two geldings. We are learning "respect of owners space". They are smart and learning quickly though. Time and patience are key with these horses. Best of luck to you with your little one.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back