A picture is worth 1000 words

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
We had a "pony play day" on Saturday--the first time I have been able to really get out with the minis and the kids in a year. It is so hard to believe it has been that long. When my friends arrived with their three kids we went out into the pasture with halters. I told them we could get Rainy and one other pony. I was shocked when despite the squeels and yelling of a 6, 3, and 1.5 year old, my ol' SweetSpots was the first one to come to us and he SHOVED his head into the halter. I was shocked. He is great with older kids but is not thrilled with little ones. Of course when the kids come over he does just stand in the corner and watch us the whole time. I turned him over to the 6 year old and they did obstacles and even a few hunter jumps--he was a DOLL! He didn't automaticaly do the right thing like Rainy does, he made her ask the right way and then he would do it like a pro. I am so proud of my old man. For the first time ever, we put a saddle on him after we were all done with our halter stuff. Here is his reaction to that....I about wet myself laughing...

Before the ride "oh no, no way, nu-uh...you have GOT to be joking....do you know who I am?!?":

Noabsolutelynopictures.jpg

During the ride "I can not believe I am doing this....sigh"

IcantbelieveIhavebeenreducedtothis.jpg

After the rides "Okay, maybe that wasn't so bad"

Saddlepony.jpg

He really was an angel and didn't put a foot wrong and was careful for both girls to ride. He never took a step wrong even when we ran into a 2' little black snake.

Here is Rainy's take on things:

getting a Troll hairdo "what I do for you kids"

RainyTroll.jpg

loving on her best pal

Buddies.jpg

sharing secrets

Secrets.jpg

She just gets the sweetest most doe-eyed expression when the kids are around. The kids mother made the mistake of saying she thought Moondancer was the prettiest pony...to which Rain snorted and headbutted her. She now believes me that Rainy fully understands what we say! LOL

Anyway, here is one more parting shot. Everyone had a great day...including Spotter (minus the saddle thing, hehehe) It looks like he is telling Rainy a secret here, or saying, "You're right--these little creatures are pretty fun"

EveryoneSmile.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.

-Amy

Last edited by a moderator:
Your pictures are wonderful....and the horses look like they actually enjoyed the whole day as much as the kids! Thanks for sharing your "pony play day"!

Those are great pictures .The horses look so content with the little girls.

Thats what its all about. Sometimes with getting involved in showing I

forget what is means just to play .Glad you had such a great play day. Maryann :saludando:

To me, this is what it's all about! Sharing a hobby with the ones you love! My brother, who never comes over, actually came over this weekend with his girlfriend to go driving with me. What a joy it was. We hooked up both our boys, and away we went. After that, we all went for lunch.......was a very good weekend!

I love your photos! You can see just how happy it makes the kids, and that's what it's all about. What a joy these little minis are.

Thank you for sharing! And I gotta say...........I love your leopard boy!

AWWW GORGEOUS GIRLS AND HORSES!!!!! :aktion033: its looks as though you had a wonderful day
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back