A nice fall trail drive :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
We have been doing a country drive every weekend the past four weekends, in between during the week we have been hooking up about two times to do some small driving in the pasture and yard and some "training". Weekends have been our "fun" drive. We go through several very pretty area's in the country near our farm.

She loves her new French link half cheek bit from Iowa Valley Carriage! She is VERY comfortable in it and kept her ears perked. I have light hands when it comes to everything (is all she needs anyway) but with our old snaffle it seemed when I cued her on anything with the reins her ears pinned a bit, not with our french link! I can tell she is so much more comfortable and soft with this french link.

Also, got to try out our "new" (to us) harness! Thank you Cathy!! It fits her so much better and she is very comfortable in it, it has a "V" breastcollar up front too - which I love! She is so happy and comfortable and I know she enjoys our drives as much as I do.

Today, being our 4th drive, was the best yet. She really has relaxed, which has helped me to relax. Last week she was a bit "adverterous" and feeling her oats, but I feel that we worked out some kinks during the week driving around the farm at home, that made this weekends trail drive the best yet. Nothing phased her!

Stopped to enjoy the view across a small country bridge about a mile from the farm.

378706_2283967333664_1083294008_32219752_1158255181_n.jpg

Best view around..Ahhh therapy
default_wub.png

383088_2283972413791_1083294008_32219765_1906910321_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back