A name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniwhinny

Reaction score
I finally came up with a name for my little donkey. ALthough 'Heidi" is a great name I have a problem calling my animal buddies after people I've known with the same name (silly I know)

Well I finally came up with a name. Hubby is of Japanese American descent ( our last name is Miyamoto) I am going to name her

[SIZE=14pt]Nonki[/SIZE] It's Japanese and means [SIZE=14pt]"easy going, happy go lucky" [/SIZE] which is just what she seems to be.

I kinda like that it rhymes with Donkey LOL
default_yes.gif
:
default_wink.png
: Sure hope DeAnna likes it too :bgrin

cute! i like it when you can do something like that, instead of Spot or Rover LOL. we have a dog named "Ahgee" which is Korean for "dog", my husband's kids are half Korean. we named our very first horse a Hawaiian word "Makana" which means "reward" (that was a close to wish or dream or goal as we could get a word that made a good name).

cute! i like it when you can do something like that, instead of Spot or Rover LOL. we have a dog named "Ahgee" which is Korean for "dog", my husband's kids are half Korean. we named our very first horse a Hawaiian word "Makana" which means "reward" (that was a close to wish or dream or goal as we could get a word that made a good name).
Thanks. I passed it by my 14 year old and got the very evil eye..."Nonki the donkey, Mom, I'm SO embarrassed". You should have seen him last week HAHAHAHAHHAAH. When I told him I was getting a donkey he looked at me like I was buying some alien with antennae HAHAHAHHA. He said "Mom, why not a dog..or another horse...ANYTHING" HAHAHAHHAHA. I told him to be quiet or HE was leading her in the Christmas parade HAHAHAHHAHAHA.

I love the name!

Thanks. I passed it by my 14 year old and got the very evil eye..."Nonki the donkey, Mom, I'm SO embarrassed". You should have seen him last week HAHAHAHAHHAAH. When I told him I was getting a donkey he looked at me like I was buying some alien with antennae HAHAHAHHA. He said "Mom, why not a dog..or another horse...ANYTHING" HAHAHAHHAHA. I told him to be quiet or HE was leading her in the Christmas parade HAHAHAHHAHAHA.
LOL Oliver, my pre-teen, calls them my "stupid donkeys"
default_wacko.png
: I told him the same thing about our upcoming parade :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonki the Donkey... I love it
default_wub.png
: We have a little elderly Japanese lady that we help look after and she is always impressed when I say something in Japanese (although I usually mispronounce it
default_wacko.png
: )

Very cute name for a cute little donkey
default_yes.gif
:

LOL Oliver, my pre-teen, calls them my "stupid donkeys"
default_wacko.png
: I told him the same thing about our upcoming parade :eek:

think that would work with my daughter? she calls mine mom's "stupid donkeys" too... of course she cleans their pen and they aggravate her to no end when they try to help :eek:

Nonki. Hey I love it. So how is she doing?

What is with some kids. My 14 year old granddaughter does like my donkeys but thinks they are "stupid" when they bray. i love it. Tinker brays every time she sees me.

Nice name Nonki the Donkey.

Nonki. Hey I love it. So how is she doing?

What is with some kids.
I haven't seen her yet this week. DeAnna said come anytime but with 4 more months to go I really don't want to become a pain. But, the other day I had a little laugh. I was out feeding my mini horses around 7.00 ish am and heard DeAnna's donkey's braying. I'd heard them once or twice before but never paid attention. This time I loved it
default_yes.gif
: I thought "Oh, must be breakfast time there too"
default_yes.gif
:

Matthew's a real animal kid so I'm sure once we have Nonki here he'll love her...but for now, he thinks his mom has gone too far HAHAHHA
default_wink.png
:

Glad y'all like her name.

I SOOO want to be cuddling her right now. Weanie Waiting is not fun.

[SIZE=12pt]Ohhhh, I feel your pain :no: It seemed like forever waiting for mine (pretty sure it WAS forever)
default_unsure.png
: I too did not live very far from the "donkey farm" but didn't want to bother them with numerous visits. SO hard, but keep doing what you're doing. You'll be a donkey expert by the time Nonki is home. At least you're within "LongEarShot" - very cool
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

I haven't seen her yet this week. DeAnna said come anytime but with 4 more months to go I really don't want to become a pain.

well i can't speak for DeAnna but i personally would not say come anytime if i didn't mean it, and i'm sure, being that you are going to be Nonki's new mama, that DeAnna meant it too! it will be much easier for Nonki if you DO go a lot so that she knows you before she goes home with you. i did the same with a pup i got from a neighbor, from the day Shasta was born i went over and cuddled with her a few times a week, i too felt bad about going so often but i would just call first and make sure it was convenient
default_yes.gif
: . when she had her eyes open and didn't need to nurse constantly i started taking her home for 1/2 hour to an hour at a time so that she and our dogs could get to know each other... by that time they already had "vacuummed" her smell off me as soon as i came back in the gate after every visit LOL :eek: but the idea actually worked really well, we had no issues with her leaving her mama and coming home, she was quite familiar with me and with her new family. so i would say GO! be polite and call first, but GO GO GO!!!!!

AND you are SO LUCKY to be that close, i bought my babies from Texas and all i got was pictures until it was time to pick them up!

Oh you have some great points there. I'm sure her transition will be easier if she knows me as momma already. Thanks. I'll see if I can get over tomorrow a.m.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh you have some great points there. I'm sure her transition will be easier if she knows me as momma already. Thanks. I'll see if I can get over tomorrow a.m.
default_yes.gif
:
Hello everyone.

Danna ~ you come over and visit your baby girl anytime! Guess what, she likes her new name "Nonki". Boy she sure didn't like her pedicure this past weekend, she did fine the 1st time. She actually sat down and pouted this time, we'll work on this. Also if you go into the "love long ears" website there is quite a bit of information on the miniature donkeys. "The Brayer" magazine is a lot of fun. Next time I see you I'll share some with you to look at. The book I use a lot is "Caring For Your Miniature Donkey" by Bonnie R Gross.

DeAnna

Latest posts

Back