A gelding who thinks he is BIGGO stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody_Wayne

Reaction score
Hi everyone.... I have a coming three year old gelding who thinks he is STILL a stallion. I bought him at the end of July in 2006 and had him gelded 2 weeks after I got him. His previous owner did however breed him to a mare, so he knows what it is all about. Now several months of being a gelding if I turn him out with mares and if one happens to be open he is out there trying to breed them, he will try climbing a fence to get to a mare that is in heat, when he is in his stall and I walk a mare by he is all wound up and talking like I am about to bring him a mare, he just thinks he is all that plus a bag of chips! I don't want to make him sound like he is a handful... as he is not. He knows to be a gentleman when I am grooming him or whatever it is that I am doing with him at the time... he acts like that on his own time. Do ya'll think he will ever grow out of this over time? Thanks for any input : )

- Jody

We got a 7 year old Stallion that was gelded about 2 months before we got him, he had only bred once in all his seven years.

It took him till after the next breeding year to stop being interested in my mares, and our Stallion was not too happy with him at times.

There is HOPE.
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back