8th foal for Maple Hollow Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
Its another FILLY!!! She is black but will grey out and is out of Lucky Four Blue Chip Electra and COH Echo Express. Here she is!!

31348_393728932511_236449937511_3976692_6845155_n.jpg

31348_393728912511_236449937511_3976691_832013_n.jpg

31348_393728897511_236449937511_3976690_1999133_n.jpg

31348_393728877511_236449937511_3976688_5775863_n.jpg

quick question about the gray, how do you know the foal will gray out? is the dam homozygous for gray?

WOW! She will be beautiful when she matures!
default_aktion033.gif
I love the true greys!
default_wub.png

Bill

Thanks for the compliments on our lil girl!!!!

quick question about the gray, how do you know the foal will gray out? is the dam homozygous for gray?
She is the really striking black that doesnt have the normal shading that black foals have when born and when you look really close she has grey hairs around her muzzle and eyes. Greys generally are born with the more striking version of their color rather than the washed out color most foals are born. Last yrs foal was a really strange but neat colored buckskin filly and she didnt have any grey hairs on her at all to start with but since she was such an unusual and very sharp color we knew it was going to happen. Here is that foals pic to show what I mean:

IMAG022.JPG

WOW! She will be beautiful when she matures!
aktion033.gif
I love the true greys!
wub.gif

Bill

Thanks, I love the greys too, here is a pic of the mare that I took today too
biggrin.gif
, we have already kept two colts out of her and still have one of her fillies!
wub.gif

electrasusananddanasfillies014.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS on your cute little filly! I LOVE greys too!
wub.gif

She is the really striking black that doesnt have the normal shading that black foals have when born and when you look really close she has grey hairs around her muzzle and eyes. Greys generally are born with the more striking version of their color rather than the washed out color most foals are born. Last yrs foal was a really strange but neat colored buckskin filly and she didnt have any grey hairs on her at all to start with but since she was such an unusual and very sharp color we knew it was going to happen. Here is that foals pic to show what I mean:

IMAG022.JPG

Do you have any photos of the buckskin as a foal? Did she seem to get darker as a yearling?

That black one is so pretty! Love the mare too!

IMAG022.JPG

Do you have any photos of the buckskin as a foal? Did she seem to get darker as a yearling?

^that is the buckskin LOL! I told ya she was a funky one
yes.gif
!!! She turned grey at about a month old when she started shedding her baby hair.

IMAG022.JPG

^that is the buckskin LOL! I told ya she was a funky one
yes.gif
!!! She turned grey at about a month old when she started shedding her baby hair.
OOOOHHH LOL MY BAD!! Shes a stunning color right there!

Latest posts

Back