7th foal for Maple Hollow Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
Yep another colt born this morning 5-3-09. He is a solid bay colt but he looks like he is going to shed out a really pretty shade of bay! He is out of Ramakers Hallies Angel and COH Echo Express. He is going to be another colt that stays really small! He has an absolutely gorgeous head and is really refined. He had a kind of rough start to life, he was a red bag that no one was around when he was born and he miraculously managed to get out either by himself or with help from the mare, who knows it is just a miracle he survived but he is 20 days early so is weak to begin with and we had to tube feed him but he is still really feisty so hopefully he will keep getting better! Here he is at about 4 or 5 hours old:

Halliexecho09colt014.jpg

Halliexecho09colt015.jpg

Congrate's on your new foal. My mare who just foaled also foaled early. She wasn't due til' the 25th of May (I hand bred her so I know the exact date) and she foaled on May 1st..... the only problem with mine is regulating his body temp since he doesn't have allot of hair...but he's quite the mr. personality as tiny as he is.....

What is it with some of these mares going so early this year??? But my other mare went a week over due???? Go figure! loL!

But glad to hear he's made it fine and I love the bay color! Congrate's!

Thanks, we are really happy that he is doing better...and yea I have noticed most of our horses are going early but they all seem to be out of the same stallion...so maybe his babies just dont need cooked as long? I am waiting on one mare right now that is overdue by a couple of days and driving me nuts!

He is a doll baby Melinda! I hope he does well, I want to see how he progresses...

Missy

congrats on your new foal So glad he is doing fine.

Thanks, he seems to be stronger today but he is still sleeping a lot like a dummy foal kind of but we just wake him up every hour or so, that way he will wake up and nurse, we are still having to tube him a little bit but since he still wants to nurse we make sure and let him do that first so he doesnt stop trying to.

Missy, I am going to be adding another album to facebook one of these days when I get new pics of all of the babies so I will update there since my other album is full!

Thanks, he seems to be stronger today but he is still sleeping a lot like a dummy foal kind of but we just wake him up every hour or so, that way he will wake up and nurse, we are still having to tube him a little bit but since he still wants to nurse we make sure and let him do that first so he doesnt stop trying to.
Missy, I am going to be adding another album to facebook one of these days when I get new pics of all of the babies so I will update there since my other album is full!

Ok I will be watching for it
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back