50th Birthday Gift Ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseMom

Reaction score
My mother is turning 50 this year and my sisters and I have decided to throw a surprise party. We're planning everything now. However I just don't know what to get her for her birthday. I want do something special but my mind is coming up with nothing. She wants to get a mini and we've already talked about her taking my mare next year since she's fallen in love with her. She just wants to sell the biggies first since she can't ride anymore. Her grand kids mean the world to her I was thinking about something do to with that, but I keep coming up with nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

When I had my 50th birthday I had all the guests bring 50 things worth nothing. It satisfies the urge for guests to bring something, plus makes its own entertainment. I supplied the prizes and all the guests voted so I had no stress. It was such fun to see the worthless things people brought! My son's fil owns a salvage business so he gathered up stuff there. One item was a "photo of people you don't know". My sister brought 50 grasshopper heads. Gross, but it won the prize as no one here likes grasshoppers. There was everything from macaronis to strings from bananas. I had been to such a party when a friend turned 50 several years ago.

Is she planning to show? Could you give her a special show outfit?

Have someone make a quilt with family photos on it. I've also seen it where family members signed, or drew around a handprint. then the signatures were embroidered and made into quilt squares.

You are good sisters to give your mother a party. I had to plan my own. One cool thing my sister brought for mine was a cake with a photo of me at age 5 on it. Lots of cake places make those now and it was a conversation piece at the party.

Being you and your sisters are doing the party ..

What about a mother and daughters ring or family ring.. is always an nice keep sake.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back