4th of July plans anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Usually, we have the traditional 4th of July beginning with the parade in town, Michael and the guys from the race track always drove their race Karts, then the huge picnic with every kid around here in the pool, lots of food cooking on the grill, watermelon coming out your ears and plenty of fireworks at the end of our property and music blasting courtesy of the Beach Boys.

This year, kinda crummy

Hus and I are going for a hay run. No parade but I'm still going to the store for supplies to make some potatoe salad and macaroni salad and deviled eggs in advance tonite.

Dan's going somewhere to "mess around with the gang"

He hasn't gotten any fireworks yet. That will be another first. With the drought, I think they put a ban on them for fear of fire. Rats.

At least later on, he'll show up with some buddies so we'll still get to fire up the grill and my Beach Boys will still be booming. They always show up for food. Amy will be there with begging for handouts.
default_yes.gif
:

Well, in the morning, I'm going to show clip Sunny (Tibbs Sundowner) because we're taking him to a local mini show next weekend. H will probably mow our grass while I play beauty parlor with Sunny.

Will be doing a little studying (working on my CFP designation) after the horse chores and clipping.

Then, I think, we might watch a movie because we have 8 sitting here ready to watch from NetFlix. We are going to grill out chicken and I'll probably have a drink or two... that's pretty much it
default_yes.gif
:

Looking forward to having a day off together!

bbq30.gif
july4th_36.gif
bar2.gif

our first thought was to go tubing on the Salt River but it's supposed to be 117 degrees so that doesn't sound so good any more... decided to stay home instead but NOW, as of last night, we have no AC in the house :no: , so hubby picking up replacement unit tonight on the way home and his dad and bro and the boys will help him put it in early tomorrow... i guess i will spend my 4th praying that the change-out fixes the problem
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: and checking the dog and horse water constantly! maybe turning the hose on all of us :bgrin although most of the horses really don't like it much

i swore many times, reading and responding to the ice storm posts and the snow posts over the winter, that i would NEVER complain about the heat again! after all, i'd rather wipe the weather off my forehead than have to shovel it :new_shocked: however i CAN say that 117 degrees is darn hot and that is NOT complaining, it is just stating a FACT
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since it's all of a sudden decided to rain up here, if it's still raining tomorrow morning I am going to take my small clippers down to the barn and finish up on our colt's face (he looks like he's got something wrong because I missed spots of 4" thick hair on his head!) and I'll trim up some bridal paths and wiskers on the other horses. I might also work my QH and Appendix geldings in the arena tomorrow... Hubby has to work tomorrow and my son with be with my mom for most of the day... I call that a mommy/horsie play date! :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

If it stops raining we're going to go to fireworks tomorrow night...

The friend that bought the ranch near us, will be back from Ky. with another load, so we will all be going to his place to help him unload. We are going to be taking the grill, grilling burgers and dogs, having baked beans and salads, devilled eggs, and we will be making some peach home made ice cream! We will get him fed, and then in bed so he can go home and make another trip back. Boy, moving long distance is such a chore, and takes so many trips back and forth! Been there, done that! Somehow, in our move down here we lost/misplaced our ice cream maker. Hubby keeps telling me he'll eventually find it, but after two years, I have my doubts, so I bought a little cheapie at Wal-Mart. It makes up to 4 quarts, and is of course electric. Have any of you tried one? Does it do a good job? I sure hope so, as I have been wanting some peach ice cream for months!

We are going to be in a parade with our Canine Club in the early morning. The dogs just love to dress up and ride on the golf cart. Then we are going to a picnic in the afternoon, and maybe possibly drive down to Disney for fireworks at night if you are not to tired.

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Well, let's see. Dave and I are going to the first family reunion that my family has had since grandma passed away about 6 1/2 years ago! It was always tradition to have chicken booyah at the grandparents house on the fourth, and that tradition died along with Grandma.........until this year! :aktion033: My uncle is making it in one of grandmas old.....huge.....cast iron kettles! I can still picture grandpa getting up at 4:30 a.m. to get the fire started for her, while she was getting everything else ready, and making home made doughnuts! That was the good life back then.........I sure miss those days!

We're taking Monte to give cart rides, and Spot will be coming along with us just for the experience. The kids will love him!

We are planning a fun day - our daughter and her fiance who live in Indiana are coming early Wed. morning and staying until Sunday. It is a long drive for them and we do not see them nearly enough. The rest of our children live fairly close so I am looking forward to a fun day with kids/grandkids and family! We will be planning to grill and eat LOTS of good food!!

I LOVE it when all our kids come home - I am like Karla and just a homebody, I never like to go anywhere but LOVE having people come here.

I'll be going over to my parents' house for a family BBQ...parents, sister/BIL, brother/SIL and a niece will be there...should be fun! It's supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow, so while my dad is outside BBQ'ing we'll all be inside in the AC!
default_yes.gif
:

well its a little bittersweet here as Kenny is at boot camp. I miss him so much. But the good news is my daughter is moving here from Illinois and should be here at 6 am!! we will bbq and play cards
default_smile.png

Hubby will be off work. I'm hoping he can help me take photos of a horse that someone asked for. And watching Fox mare too. (still) She should be foaling soon!

We plan on tossing some hotdogs on the grill, and making smores, then taking all our goodies & chairs to the East pasture to be with the mares and eating while watching the big fireworks go off in Fletcher.

HAPPY 4th everyone!

COUNT DOWN ONLY 4 more days and my 22 year old little girl is getting Married....
default_wub.png
:

Just so busy around here, trying to remember everything.

Picked up the key for the place where they are getting married. Out door ceremony

Flowers are done, program are finished rolled and tied.

Picking up the Alcohol tomorrow for the reception.

Helped my husband make his Speech...

No time to relax :new_shocked:

Forgot to mention I have three bitches due to whelp.... :lol:

One today, one thursday and the other sometime this week.:eek: Hope before Saturday...

Sigh, hanging out in my bed in the nursing home, may go wild and take a 'walk' around and go out into the courtyard for a bit.

Judy said she might bring one of my dogs for a visit. Sure hope so, I miss my doggies. I have had a few visits with other dogs here, but it isn't the same as my very own puppy.

Well if it doesn't rain, I'm planning a big day!

My best gal pal and I are dragging al of our friends out onto her man's boat to hit the sandbar for most of the day. (I'm busy baking brownies, a patriotic cake, and making chip dip tonight. ;)) Then we'll all head back to either my or her place for BBQ and fireworks! Really excited to get all of our friends together, and a day out on the boat is always welcome!
default_wub.png
:

It's extra nice as my father's home is on the water, so we all gather at the end of the dock and get to see Everyone's fireworks! So much fun!!

Getting up at the crack of dawn with the chickens, doing morning farm chores, horses/livestock/pups fed, watered turned out etc. Then at noontime we're firing up the grill for family. Ribs, chicken and Beer Brats are on the menu, as is macaroni salad, red rice, blueberry pie and ice cream....Yum!!!! Then its a relaxing afternoon chatting and hanging out before we sit and watch some of the fireworks that we can usually see from the back deck.

Hi!

I am kidless (they are with my X) and I have to drive down to Kansas City, MO with my truck/trailer and pick up a queen size bedroom set from my sister..... since my mom bought her a new king size bedroom set..... fun.....fun... just want I wanted to do on my day off! lol! :bgrin

Well today my brother had his annual BBQ and had all the family over, i made it over for fireworks and just got home a bit ago. I had some horsie friends over this evening bc they wanted to ride my fathers tennessee walker so i stayed here a while.

Tommarow morning, i am prob going to head over to the movie gallery and see if they have anything good in that i have not already seen. Me and mom will prob go out to eat tommarow night, everyone else will be over at my brothers until around 3am so its just me and mom.

I think our parade in town is this Friday, i may try to get a friend or two to put their horses in the parade and i will take one of the minis if its not to late ...we will see.

Nothing so special here going on, just another day in the barn
default_smile.png
. If we dont go out to eat we will prob fire up the grill and make some B Brats ...maybe just settle for east of chicago pizza or marcos?? hmm who knows
default_smile.png
:bgrin

Well we were going to a horsey friends annual 4th party with fireworks but we are now staying home................ Thursday Lee has to have a second eye surgery in less than two weeks.... We are not in the mood for partying now.

IT IS GOING TO BE FRYING TOMORROW!!! HOT HOT HOT..........So, We are going to find a swimming hole!

I am NOT cooking! (For a change.) Probably will eat something fast and bad for us and then park to see the city fireworks......

(At our OLD place we had a bird's-eye view of the fireworks, so everyone showed up! Got to be an annual event to host a couple dozen people in our front yard with drinks....and our famous 4th of July Strawberry Shortcake (with blueberries - to make it Red/White/Blue) .

MA

Latest posts

Back