4H?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
One of the vendors asked me to bring a mini to the 4H event. You know let the kids touch and take pics with the mini. She told me to bring cards and information with hopes to start a "mini club". Does anyone do this? ANy thoughts? It seems like a lot of work and stressful for the horse. I am thinking it over. Maybe if I could do it for one day only.

We have participated in lots of parades, and fun-days, given mini-drives and visited retirement homes...anything we possibly can, to get the minis known to everyone. We have two minis with the 4-H at this time too, being both driven, and shown in-hand by kids, who don't have minis of their own.

It depends very much on your horse. Most of ours love the extra attention and cuddles they get when they are at such events, but we do have one or two, who'd just rather not participate...so those are the ones we leave at home.

we are trying to get our 4-h to start showing minis. We take our minis to the 4-h shows the girls show them in 4-h halter for now. we hope they will have future classes for minis. We have been having about 6-8 minis come to the shows. good luck. I think your mini and the children will love the petting.

we have one who just loves the attn and another who is a little shy. it depends on your horses. Our Phebe wouldnt miss a show even if shes not included.we have let several kids show her that were without a horse, most times she shows very well against big horses. DR.

Latest posts

Back