3way and 4way shots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagles ring farm

Reaction score
Correct me please if i'm wrong
default_wacko.png

3 way spring shots = Eastern Encepolitis (sp?)

Western Encepholitis (sp)

and Tetnas

what is the additional vaccine in the 4 way and when should it not be used?

Depends on the brand
default_smile.png
USUALLY its flu (which is a joke, since the flu virus changes every year and the x-way shots do not, I ALWAYS use a seperate flu shot).

In MY 4-way shots the fourth vaccine is VEE.

Equine Influenza is what is in the 4-way. this is the only help i can give.

Its the nasty version of EEE/WEE... but its incredibly rare in the US. So far :p There are arguements for and against giving VEE... resistance is the big arguement against. I'm gonna murder the name, but its Venizualin Equine Encephalitis
default_smile.png

Here the 4 way generally means flu in addition to EEE/WEE/tetanus. We do not have VEE this far north & so our vaccines do not include it. I consider the 4 way worthless as far as the flu part is concerned and so I never buy it. It's a lot more expensive than the 3 way, and if I want to spend money on a flu vaccine I will buy the actual flu/rhino vaccine. As it is, I do not vaccinate for flu or rhino, except in the case of pregnant mares, then they get the Pneumabort-K vaccine.

I give the WNV combo shot (technically a 4 way vaccine too as it contains EEE/WEE/tetanus as well as WNV)

Latest posts

Back