3rd Time Saddled Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atotton

Reaction score
We decided to try out Hope as a saddle horse for my 4yr old cousin. We have put him on her bareback many times, but decided to try with the saddle, since we will eventually be doing some pony rides with smaller children. This is her 3rd time with the saddle on her, and the first time with a kid in the saddle. She didn't mind at all, not buck in her, I think she's too lazy.
default_wink.png
( I am just out of the camera shot, just in case she spooked or decided to buck,arms length away or closer at all times)
default_smile.png
Also a picture with my yearling filly Pebbles.

100_7727.jpg

100_7730.jpg

100_7630.JPG

100_7545.JPG

Awesome. How did you go about putting him on her when you started bareback? just thinking of doing the same with my quiet mare, but don't want my son injured in the process lol

I had someone walk beside and hold him, when we walked around in a round pen. That way she knew there was no escape, so she wasn't looking to get out. I lead her on a short line. if she looked unsure of the weight on her we worked on the whoa. Lots of praise helps too, that way she knew that the child on her back was a good thing.

Latest posts

Back