2nd time around = better results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
So, two weeks ago I attempted my first clipping job on our youngest yearling. You can see the results of that here: MY OTHER POST

I learned a lot of valuable lessons that day...both during the clipping and the several great suggestions I rec'd on the other post I shared.

We had some record heat over the weekend. Our other yearling was practically dripping with sweat, so I knew I had to do something. I got up early on Sunday and got her bathed. She took longer to dry than I hoped and we had to run some errands before I could get her clipped. Of course, when I came back, she had laid in manure on one side...but I used some ShowSheen to get that off and began clipping.

I chose to do it by myself without a lot of extra hands holding her in place. I had a feeling this little girl would do well for me as she was clipped last August by someone who knew what they were doing and she practically stood still the whole time. Like in August, she pretty much stood still and any time it seemed like she was getting antsy, I backed off, brushed off the blades, put 'em in some blade wash and gave her time to relax. I did leave her legs alone and I wasn't able to do much of her face, but I did get most of her "beard" off, unlike her poor "little sister" who is still sporting a bit of a goatee at the moment.

She was obviously so much more comfortable after I got all that fuzz off. It was so rewarding to see her sweet little self under all that fur!
wub.gif

Of course....I have to share the before and after shots:

BEFORE (looking like she knew she was about to be tortured):

IMG_44004x6-1.jpg

After:

IMG_44064x6-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back