2nd foal for Maple Hollow Farms!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow nice upright filly! Already love her neck set! Big congrats!

Congratulations on that nice filly!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

What a lovely foal! Looks to have a pretty head and very nice neck already.
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

Thanks everybody!!! I added new dry pics to the original post, they arent the greatest, she kept following and chasing me so had to work to get far enough away for good pics
default_laugh.png
She is the sweetest baby ever and already loves attention!

Yep this is her first foal, I have never had one do this either and was kind of thinking along the same lines you are of just making her realize slowly that it is ok for me to touch the baby. And as long as I have ahold of the baby she isnt so bad its when Im coming to get her. I just am keeping a good eye on her even when she isnt being bad, I dont want to trust her and then regret it when she bites me. Putting the halter on her first seems to help too plus it give me some control just in case.
It might be a little more hassle for you, but I'd just put on her halter everytime you want/need to handle the foal, that way you won't be as worried about the mare's response to you. And, be sure to keep the foal in her sight. I'm sure eventually she'll come around and realize you won't hurt her baby (and then once the baby is old enough, she'll probably look forward to taking charge of the little pest
default_wink.png
).

Last edited by a moderator:
A big congratulations to you on your new little filly. She's very cute.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back