2nd and final foal of the year ......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish Hills Farm

Irish Hills Farm
Reaction score
My second and final foal for the year was born this past thursday night around 10:30.

Her dam is my solid bay mare, Oneka's Bayberry Blossom and her sire is East Acres Two Bars, an bay overo. What do I get? A sorrel filly with a star, stripe and snip. She has some white on her legs, don't know exactly what kind of markings yet. Once she is old enough I'll clip her and find out for sure.

Anyway, mom was a maiden mare. When I feed at 6:30 am and checked on Blossom, her bag was about the same as the night before (not full). Went to class took my last exam for the semister came back about 2 hours later. Turned Ms. B & Flirt out and checked Blossom again before turning her out. Bag was full. I tried to "milk" her and got nothing. Checked her stall for manure and saw that she had her average laying there. So I turned her out. She went out to the pasture ate for a bit than sat down like a dog and started rubbing her butt back and forth, got up and rolled, than sat back down and rubbed again. Got up and started eating. Watched her for a while longer and nothing unusual. Went back out a lunch time, checked her bag and it seemed to have gone down a bit. Brought the horses in at dinner time, checked Blossom, bag about the same as at lunch time. Went back out to check her again at 9 pm and her bag was full and warm. So I decided to try and milk her again, and got cloudy and very sticky milk. Went back in the house got some warmer clothes on, grabbed some books to read incase it was a long night and went back out to the barn.

A little after 10, I saw her rub her tail/butt on the wall, once. Saw her pooh once (that was it, didn't empty herself out, I checked the stall for add'l poop and found none), she went down and started pushing.

I had to help a little bit, the front legs were crossed and over the nose. And it was a bit of a tight squeeze but everyone is doing well. Emma, (filly) isn't very big at all (especially compared to Flirt), I think she mature around her mom's size.

Anyway, here she is.....Irish Hills Sweet Emotion.

emma.jpg

emma0505.jpg

050706em2.jpg

050706em.jpg

What a beautiful little girl.....Congratultions.

Ginny StP

She's a cute little girlie - Congrats!

Congratulations Sheryl. Was wondering and watching your web site to see if this mare would ever foal. Very nice filly.
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations Sheryl she is beautiful and I really love her name. And isn't nice to have foaling season over so early.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh! Sheryl congratulations on Blossoms new filly she is a cutie. Blossom is looking great too! I sure miss seeing her over at Donna's farm. She was the pasture mate to my mare that I bought from Donna and I really thought she was a sweetie. I'm glad everything worked out and you had a safe delivery and now have a healthy baby and mom.

Tammie~

Judy, its really nice to be done this early. I hope I get this lucky next year too. My first one is due end of January. :new_shocked: It'll be a Jinx foal, so kind of excited, just a weee little bit.
default_yes.gif
:

Tammie, is the mare you got from Donna the one in your avatar? I really like Blossom, she is a sweet mare and gets along well with everyone. I can't wait to see what her and Jinx will give me next year.

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. This was my first solo foaling season and I am looking forward to next year already. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back