2024 crafter's delight - whatcha working on?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the rocks out of my tumbler today. Just picked up randomly on our walks. Our area is mostly gravel. See anything interesting? Before and After.
The green with pink looks like unakite. The rest are probably agates and jaspers, as those seem to be the most common type.

It was suggested unakite on a rockhound forum. I'm going to get a better tumbler than the Harbor Freight one. I've seen stones polished by a professional tumbler and they are shinier. They said their is a difference; also different brands of grit. Agates and jaspers are fine with me! And the quartz-y ones polished well. The long, dark one is glittery.

I made a counted cross stitch kite button. I'm not pleased with the tail. I need a finer linen to work on so the design is smaller. Hard to find nice linen around here. I might try to embroider one...
A little crafting in between husband's work schedule, spring yard work, invalid puppy, and needy little horse.

Attachments

• kite.jpg
    kite.jpg
    354.4 KB
I think I have pics of my last couple projects, although, perhaps not finished pics. I have another dog quilt, but no picture. I may have shared a pic of the pink/purple rings quilt, can't remember.

Attachments

• fabric for girl baby quilt for FedEx driver - sides.jpg
    fabric for girl baby quilt for FedEx driver - sides.jpg
    113.8 KB
  • 2023-2024 - quilt guild challenge - complete.jpg
    2023-2024 - quilt guild challenge - complete.jpg
    145.2 KB
  • 2024 - dog panel pink and purple quilt - top complete.jpg
    2024 - dog panel pink and purple quilt - top complete.jpg
    129.6 KB
I think I have pics of my last couple projects, although, perhaps not finished pics. I have another dog quilt, but no picture. I may have shared a pic of the pink/purple rings quilt, can't remember.
Those are all wonderful. During the summer other things seen have priority over my crafts or then I'm just not in the mood 😆

I especially love the baby quilt! I always wonder how you all have time for such great projects while keeping animals. I haven't had time to paint in weeks.
Most of my crafting is in the winter, when there are plenty of dark outside hours. And, on rainy days, when I don't want to be outside. I'm particularly prolific if the weather is extra crappy, so stuck inside longer. Our last quilt guild meeting of the season was last week, I put my quilting machine away for the season the week before, after I finished up the baby quilt. [Sometimes I piece during the summer, if the weather is bad; and then set the pieces aside for fall/winter, when I have more time.]

Latest posts

Back