2024 crafter's delight - whatcha working on?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been busy crafting. Crocheting baby blankets to donate to Dept of Human Services. Making gourd buttons. Slow stitch.
Painted Tompte. And a button made from a silk tie. Mushroom greeting card. I'm thinking of putting the greeting cards in my Etsy shop.

Attachments

• gnome.jpg
    gnome.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 0
  • man and dog.jpg
    man and dog.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 0
  • mushroom card.jpg
    mushroom card.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 0
I've been busy crafting. Crocheting baby blankets to donate to Dept of Human Services. Making gourd buttons. Slow stitch.
Painted Tompte. And a button made from a silk tie. Mushroom greeting card. I'm thinking of putting the greeting cards in my Etsy shop.
Hey, your crafting projects are awesome. I really admire your generosity, and putting your greeting cards on Etsy is such a brilliant move.

Congratulations Marsha! That is terrific and well deserved! Your creations are beautiful! Love the history behind some of the buttons too. The book sounds like a great read!

I finished 3 more quilts, one has been done for awhile and two I finished up in March.
The pink and purple quilt was a challenge for quilt guild, we picked 3 crayons out of a bag, then had to make a quilt with those 3 colors plus we could add black and/or white to the mix. The quilt is 60x60".
The middle quilt, the focal fabric is sheep, which is hard to tell in the picture, the quilt is 57x76" (might be a little shorter).
And the third is a floral and green strip quilt. It's finished now, but I haven't taken a finished pic, yet. I don't remember how big it is, but not excessively big, lap size probably

Attachments

• 2023-2024 - quilt guild challenge - complete - guild pic.jpg
    2023-2024 - quilt guild challenge - complete - guild pic.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024 - sheep quilt - complete - guild photo.jpg
    2024 - sheep quilt - complete - guild photo.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024 - jelly roll race floral - top done.jpg
    2024 - jelly roll race floral - top done.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 0
Love the idea of picking crayons out of a box! You did a marvelous job with that.
I see the wooly ewes; you find the coolest fabrics.
It was a fun challenge, and I got lucky, I got decent colors to work with, some got odd combinations that they didn't like.
I fell in love with that sheep fabric and had to have it.
Thank you.
@chandab That is a lot of work for you to do. They look great. I think of the three I may prefer the green strips quilt just a bit more than the others.
Thank you. And, your favorite is my least favorite, as I'm not a huge fan of green; I like the quilt, it's just not a favorite. ;)

We had rain for like 5 days in a row so I tried a new painting technique. It's pretty much making broth out of acrylic paint, and it kind of made a strange, blurry effect, almost like watercolors. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet.

Attachments

• aiho.jpg
    aiho.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 0
I mostly draw with graphite or charcoal and have never used acrylics, but I like what you have going on there! The gold horse and blue background is very pretty!

Thanks! I started with pencil, moved to charcoal, then to stained glass, and now I'm messing with the acrylics. I tend to like things exact and perfect so it's a real challenge for me to be able to relax and let this paint do what it wants.

I love green chandab and love your stripes. The sheep quilt is really charming in its soft colors and the intersecting rings quilt looks complicated to do. Not sure I could draw that out let alone make a quilt! 😂

I love green chandab and love your stripes. The sheep quilt is really charming in its soft colors and the intersecting rings quilt looks complicated to do. Not sure I could draw that out let alone make a quilt! 😂
Thank you. And, the rings quilt is easier than it looks, which was half the fun of doing the quilt.
Not sure if copy paste will work. The block for the "rings" quilt is called "Loop the Loop", here's a pic of just one block: 1712502512375.png

Latest posts

Back