2011 CNE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djskid

Reaction score
I am an avid lurker, seldom poster, but wanted to share our big news! We went to the CNE for the first time this year and our little man ended up being the Grand Champion Stallion!!
default_new_multi.gif
We were absolutely thrilled!! This little guy is what started our switch over from standardbreds to the minis and is my Dad's pride and joy! Now we have to listen to my Dad telling us how good the little guy is even more than usual!!
default_biggrin.png
We were proud of all four that we took!
default_wub.png

It seemed like there was a good turnout-I think 24 in the solid colour class and 23 in the multi. 14 in two of the driving classes and 13 in the obstacle driving. The other classes were somewhat smaller.

Thanks for the comments! Nice seeing you too Desiree! Congrats on your wins!!

Edited to add since someone requested:
default_wink.png

IMG_1776.jpg

HPIM0174.jpg

and then for good measure...here's his yearling daughter waiting for her turn!

HPIM0129.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! What is the "CNE?" Around here that's a "Continuing Nurse Education" course.
default_biggrin.png

Leia

CNE = Canadian National Exhibition it is a mega sized fair. Out west here we have the PNE Pacific National Exhibition.

Oops, edited to ad, Congratulations.

There was also 11 in the weanling foal class!... Which a very special filly won! LOL

There was Liberty of 28 horses in the evening too.

It was a great show and a lot of fun! It was great seeing you and your dad there, and hope to see you there again next year!

He is lovely! I really like silver dapples, particularly the ones who are soooo silver
default_yes.gif
and he is put together very nicely to go along with his gorgeous color.

Congratulations! What is the "CNE?" Around here that's a "Continuing Nurse Education" course.
default_biggrin.png

Leia
The Canadian National Exhibition. It's the largest fair in Canada, held in Toronto, and one of the top 10 largest/best fairs in North America.

P.S. As an aside, a big scene from "The Black Stallion" was filmed in that very ring
default_wink.png

Back