2010 Foals-Better late than never?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
I am very late in posting this, I apologize! Just did a partial shave on my colt and wanted to share. Please excuse his terrible haircut! My clippers died halfway through. He was born 4/30 out in the pasture. We were just getting ready to bring his dam up when she surprised us by foaling a month early. She is a tiny mare at just 28.25", but is a seasoned old gal so she had him up and nursing when we found him.

O Henrys V For Vendetta

17" with 6.25" cannons

Chestnut Appaloosa sired by Valley View He's a Preacher Man, silver bay near leopard

Black and Red spots all across his rump-varnishing out so should be almost white with just those spots. Mane is coming in grey now. I am wondering if Vendetta could also be silver bay like his sire? I've had plenty of silver bays, but have never had one born so red. Some of the spots on his rump are black and it looks like some hair on his rump is black as well. Does anyone have any opinions?

Vendetta4.jpg

Vendettaspots3.jpg

Vendettaspots.jpg

Vendetta7.jpg

Vendetta1.jpg

Have to add this one too, shows just how naughty he is!

Boys6.jpg

And here is my bay appaloosa filly that I posted about on the main forum. She has had a rough start. Her dam in an older mare and her milk just doesn't have the quality it used to so this little filly is another bottle baby. She is slowly, but surely growing as she should. She is one of the most refined foals I've ever had-her little legs are so teeny. She has her dam's beautiful head and I can't wait to see how she varnishes out!

O Henrys Clouds Violet

18.5" with 7" cannons

Sired by my bay (homozygous black) few spot appaloosa

Violet.jpg

Thank you! I'm really picky about heads so have tried very hard to get the appy patterns with a pretty head. Need to get the colt clipped all the way and take some registration pics....I just can't get him to stand still!
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back