Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peanuts never going to foal
default_poke.gif
default_risa_suelos.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_luck.gif
default_10_2_12.gif
default_impatient.jpg
default_impatient.jpg
default_impatient.jpg

Yes, I plead guilty to all charges!! She layed flat out and stretched out her legs ..I got a little nervous...she peed and then looked like she was attempting to poop layed back down.

I tried to be a church mouse but I guess I was more ..bull in china shop. Waiting for her to get up so I can go in take off fly mask.

I promise I will not bug her any more tonight.

All I see is a grey square with a ! in the center. No picture!
default_sad.png
I saw it just the other day!

Waaaaa!!!!!

Thats odd it shows its streaming and Im watching....I did notice earlier I had a gray screen and it did take about 10 sec. to come on....bum me out...I want you right here watching w/us!!

Morning all
saludando.gif
, How are my nuttier than a fruit cake friends?????? Oh yeah they are all asleep!

Diane hands of the Hilton cos I am moving in with the Italian brats on toe, you will have to stay in The new barn (like that will be hard work) but Heidi we need to know if the Hilton is the same colour as the house too?

I really think that Peanut has changed shape so fingers crossed the filly is in place. It is no problem to watch her in the dark, now we will see if she rests more!

Happy Sunday everyone
cheekkiss.gif

I'm going to bed already!!!

Ring the phone ONCE if anything happens so it doesn't wake up the Hus
default_rolleyes.gif

Well Good Morning right back at ya...

While Im at it let your husband be the first guy I wish Happy Fathers Day to Too
default_cheers.gif
!! You can bring your little behind here any day!! Your Italian...and I love
default_eat.gif
Spaghetti, Lasagna and Garlic Bread!!
default_eat.gif
I bet yours is yummy!!

Oh no my dear,dont be silly, I wanted the " Hilton " to match my Tennis Courts and my Polo Hat!!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

If you only knew....my drier only dries for 8 min....I have to reset about 5 times to dry anything, T.V. is about 14 yrs old and about 2 ft. thick, no Ipod, No Strawberry or is it a Blackberry, not even I toaster oven, no video camera, no vcr, dvd or abc....I did stay in a Motel 6 once too!!

Nope
default_sad.png
Had it up for an hour. Tried refreshing etc. No good. *whine*

I'm off to bed too but hubby will come get me if you need me (he has the phone)

She's not allowed to foal until the sign gets there!
default_laugh.png

Hubby has gone fishing with my eldest but I will tell him as so as he gets in thanks. Don't tell me you have super powers too like Diane who is Wonder woman in disguise and never goes to sleep. You really need to rest as Peanut could make us all wait for at least another week, 10 days
no.gif

Can you tell us what her milk bar is doing and what her hooha looks like? Do you do milk strip tests? I used them for the first time this year and it was fantastic. o.k I will shut up as you need some rest.

No super powers here...Diane has those. I will wake Hubby up shortly...he's on second shift. Cant get any milk yet, I think its me... b/c bag feels pretty hard and seems to be getting full ( but this is from someone that is new at this....me not Peanut)Hooha really stretched alot in the last week and pretty red inside. Peanut was very cranky today...except when I cleaned under her tail and udder..I think she likes the warm h2o but wanted nothing to do w/brushing. Poops are normal. Test Strips? You know I thought of getting them and just never did.

Good Night Robin...take care of that foot will ya!!

Hey, did you look at the "daddy"... Marty posted a picture of him....he really is as sweet as she says he is...he's a joy to be around.

Morning all! Sorry got a bit delayed in logging on - all the cats and dogs decided they needed to go out to wee and then come back in for brekki, but they all did it separately, so I was back and forth, back and forth to the door - should have chucked them all out at the same time, but the little darlings all wake at a different rate and who am I to disturb them before they are ready?

Checked on the lovely Peanut - but no baby yet.
default_rolleyes.gif

Love the look of her sire - yummmmm
default_wub.png

To answer an earlier question, yes we worm our mares within 12 hours of foaling using ivermectin, but we dont use the Gold (as in Zimectin Gold) as we read somewhere not to use as it has been found to cause 'burns' to the mouth/throat/other places (in some cases). Dont know how true this is, but not willing to take the risk!

Renee, will your morning be a little more peaceful with two of your menfolk off fishing - how long will they be gone and do they bring the fish back to eat or do they put them back into the river/sea? (do you have laws in Italy that cover this?)

Off to check the rest of the LB forum to see what's been happening while I've been sleepy-byes.

HAPPY DADDY DAY to all those Dads out there!

Anna

Just found Daddy (I missed a page when I read back all your evenings banter)and he is just adorable, you can see in his eyes that he is a sweety too. How tall is he?

Thanks for all that info Heidi, fingers crossed she will go soon.

Anna it is almost bliss when the boys go fishing, they usually fish trout from a river and yes I get to clean and cook them, it would be perfect if they took Alberto too but he is too young. Bless him, he has been asking me for an hour now to go and see "his" Eagle so I am going to give in now.

See you in 30 minutes.
saludando.gif

I too give Ivermectin after birth and have had no worries with that. I am not sure if you can give it to stallions though I need to ask the experts here.

It is 4.50am and she is quietly munching

Diane a cow vet (yes that is right a COW vet) told me that if I wanted to put my male goat out of action with castration I could give him some Ivermectin as it will kill/sedate not sure which is sperm for about a year. I asked him about horses and he said that he wasn't sure but maybe.

I don't know if it is true or not but I haven't used it on my boys since. Hopefully our on line, always helpful Dr Taylor will put us straight.

I have never heard about the Ivermectin and stallion thing either. But wouldnt that be neat Diane, bringing your older guy right out of retirement...with a newly loaded gun...watch out girls, here I come!! You gotta keep us posted on that story next year.

Hows everyones day? not much going on around here...too dang hot. Thought about clipping a couple but I think I'll wait till its cooler. Everyone just being lazy and standing under fans...I'll let them out tonight.peanut is about the same....everything is on her terms...try to touch her and she is starting this little ears back and a "let me give you a quick nip" thing going on.Never before acting this way.Its so hot and shes so fat that Im sure shes just uncomfortable and wants to be left alone.So tonight, unless I see contractions I will try real hard not to bother her! Lets see how I do!Enjoy the rest of your day!Think I'll go visit Annie and Tease now.

I don't know if it is true about ivermectin but i haven't risked it.

I have had a rough day so I am off to bed. Nite all

Ivermectin is in all the long term wormers and is perfectly safe for all horses/minis including pregnant and lactating mares, stallions and foals from approx 2 months. It is quite safe to worm your mare soon after foaling, indeed it is often thought that for some reason this 'prevents' foal scours when the mare experiences her first season after foaling.

I think Ivermectin Gold is fairly new and to be honest I know nothing about it. It is Zimectin Gold that caused the uproar last year with reports of horses having 'burns' to their mouths/throats etc. Luckily I have never needed to use it, usually relying on other types of ivermectin, so do not feel that I can pass comment on whether the rumours are true or not.

Hope this helps a bit with some of your questions?

Anna

Latest posts

Back