What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yum yum! Buttered baby carrots! I did H. a pork roast in the crockpot for last night. Put it in there with a can of root beer and 1 1/2 cups of favorite BBQ sauce mixed together and cooked about 10 hours on low. Took out and shredded meat and added a little more BBQ sauce and piled on buns.

Late this afternoon I am going to the apple/pumpkin orchard with my Mom, sister, niece and her 3 kids. So tonight is take-out pizza. Plan to do "Pepsi Chicken" tomorrow night.

I like using the crockpot because I have gotten lazy LOL!

I love just about anything from the crock pot!

The grocery store I like seems to always have 1# bags of baby carrots for like $.59, and I love them, too. They actually are fairly low carb, too... 5 servings per bag (but I probably eat two servings of them LOL!), 8 total carbs but 3 are fiber, so only net 5 carbs per serving. I knew they didn't spike my blood sugar, but always just assumed they were quite a bit higher in carbs than they turned out to be. Plus, I like that they put more color on the plate. I think if it's got "a lotta color", it's probably healthier. But I could use that same argument to justify a bowl of Fruit Loops or something similar, which I also love
default_eat.gif
Those are like a rainbow in a bowl
default_biggrin.png

Ham steak, buttered mixed veggies, cheese spaetzle (sp?) pasta side, and a tossed salad
default_eat.gif

What is cheese speatlz, I didn't even spell it like you did?

I'm making spagetti tonight, I can't believe it but I'm tired of chicken, and our beef order is't ready for pickup yet.

I am so happy, picked up our beef order yesterday, so tonight I'm having some very juicy hamburgers with homegrown tomatoes.

That sounds SO YUMMY!!! I'm not happy with the tomatoes we've been getting at the grocery store, and had plans earlier this year to do our own veggie garden. However, that never happened. Still ready to dig into our burgers soon, but would LOVE to have some nice tomatoes to go with them
default_yes.gif

This morning, we had a late big breakfast with eggs, turkey sausage, potatoes, etc.

Tonight, we're having:

• Pork Schnitzel (pounded breaded pork cutlet that I bought frozen and ready to cook)
  • Mushroom Spaetzle (from a mix that I'm doctoring)
  • Buttered baby carrots
  • Green beans
  • Tossed salad
  • Pumpkin cheesecake

On a German kick lately!

^^^ was really good, but probably not as healthy as possible!! But ohhhh so yum and nearly effortless.

For tonight, I think it's going to be a thin crust "take & bake" pizza with a lot of veggies on it and a big tossed salad.

Well, well, well, last Saturday my youngest daughter went to a wedding. So I had the pleasure of having my grandson here, that night we made southern fried chicken legs, he want mac and cheese, kraft out of a box, and we had green beans. I have green beans coming out of my ears, since the second crop is coming in. I had steak and baked sweat potatoes on Sunday, and since I had four chicken legs left over from Sat. I baked them tonight with onion, green beans and then added rice for sort of a cassarole. Sadley I don't feel like eating. Farm help said it was good.

Feel better RiverRose! I am kind of off again on again too. Tonight I made a Ham steak with brown sugar and mustard and baked french fries, salads (teeny tiny ones) and we each had a chocolate chip cookie.

I have a small rump roast in the 'fridge to slocook for italian beef sandwiches for tomorrow night. Not sure what I'll make with them.

Being bad, again, tonight... hamburgers, oven fries, and a salad. I'll be a better girl tomorrow
default_yes.gif

Didn't feel like doing the Italian beef sandwiches (they are on for tonight instead). I did the Chicken, rice and broccoli skillet that's on the back of the Minute Rice box. My son likes it a lot. My H. so-so.

I saw a recipe recently about how to make Asian Sloppy Joes and veggie loaded fried rice. It looked really good and easy. IF I can remember to try it and it's as good as it looked, I will pass it along
default_yes.gif

don't feel bad Jill,I was also a bad girl last night. I made meatloaf, try to limit it to once a month, because I would eat it once a week if I could. Also had baked taters and green beans.

Tonight we're having a pork roast, it's been in the slow cooker all day, as I've been canning and freezing green beans. I also had a friend come by and we picked some for her. I'm also fixing cabbage and taters.

I should have left overs so I can make pulled bbq pork sandwiches tomorrow. I have to take my truck in for my winter checkup, so I can run to the store after. I also have three egg plant, so I need to buy supplies to make eggplant parm.

Computers! I was typing away and must have leaned on something and zing! I was back to the main forum chat page! So I gotta' start over!

The Italian beef sandwiches came out pretty good. We had it on bakery brat buns with melty mozzarella (H added some catsup???). And some sweet baked beans and baked potato wedges.

Tomorrow I am doing slocooker Waldorf Astoria Stew. I think I posted the recipe earlier; but I can't remember. If I didn't I should because it is a real tasty stew! Ah-Ha! Found it! It's on page 5!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll be making meatballs for supper, if I have the time (lots to catch up on this afternoon); and if so, hubby wants mashed potatoes and gravy with them.

We make meatball subs out of the leftovers (hot dog or brat buns, spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce and mozzarella melted over, lots of napkins!!!). I have also mashed the leftovers and threw them in the spaghetti or chili sauce! Or make a brown gravy and wide noodles and you have a goulash kind of.

I made chicken quesidillas (? however it's spelled) last night that were a flop with both of us. Oh well! Tonight I am making Chili and Cornbread.

Latest posts

Back