What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill: I think I can do pineapple ok, so maybe I try a bit of that more often. Never tried the Kefir. I can't use any yogurt that isn't skim milk type as I can't digest most dairy with the IBS. I usually use a powdered Probiotic I purchase from USANA. It is a very good product. I know papaya is supposed to be good for digestion too. I bought one once, but I think it was over ripe, it smelled bad inside. I know poultry and fish are the best for me over beef and pork, but I can eat the others when things are going well.

Dinner tonight for us is my next to the last jar of homemade sauerkraut with some weenies cooked in it, along with some mashed potatoes and corn. My grand mom always served it that way so I always have as well. We love it and have it maybe twice a year.

I got fancy last night- made Madras Curry Chicken for the first time in years. I'd be fine with it being spicier, but I'd forgotten how tasty it is.

I think I am going back to the beginning of the thread and note all the meal ideas we would eat and copy any recipes too! There are so many yummy things on here!

Tonight I made the guys thick cut pork loin chops baked in the oven with a dijon style sauce brushed over them. I had salmon. We had one of those microwave steamer packages of wild rice with broccoli and julienne carrots. Tomorrow night is another new recipe: Slocooker Cheese Tortellini Soup. We will see how that one comes out.

Interesting to see the variety of every day foods people make for dinner.
default_smile.png
Its easy to think that the old standbys for one person are the same for the next.

I made chicken soup last night from one of our home grown roosters. I started the chicken boiling in the morning and once it was done let it cool and pulled all the meat from the bones. I set the breast meat aside for chicken salad sandwiches for tomorrow and then chopped the rest up. Added it back into the stock along with home grown carrots, peas, onion and store bought celery. Topped up the pot with water added a bit of liquid bovril (oxo) in both chicken and, for better/deeper flavour, beef, some poultry seasoning and pepper and when it was all cooked added some fine egg noodles. It is one of those meals that my guy loves and it seems to be even better because so much of it is home grown.

I love hearing all the different things people fix for dinner, too!

Tonight, I'm doing one of those quick (makes it's own light crust) quiches with sausage, caramelized onions, and cheddar cheese, with baby carrots, maybe some "tater tots", and a cherry dump cake for dessert. I'm super hungry right about now
default_eat.gif

I have some left-over chicken, so I think Bisquick Easy Chicken Pot pie is in order for supper.

I love tater tots! (though they might not be the best for IBS) My H. doesn't like them though. Not sure why not, they are like shaped hash browns kind of LOL! (and he likes hash browns). The slocooker cheese tortellini soup was pretty good; but we decided we would like it better with beef tortellini probably.

I put out some chicken tenderloin strips for supper. I think I will brown and chop them. Use a micro steamer bag of red baby potatoes and green beans I have in the freezer and toss it all together.

Tomorrow night is slocooker Waldorf Astoria stew (I think). If I have time to get it on. We are trailering two of the minis to the vets' clinic at 8 am for dental work (warmer there). Our old gelding looks to have an abcess/sinus problem.

This time of year is good for a basic potato soup. Just prepare the potatoes like you would for mashed potatoes, peeling is optional. Onion cooked in butter, boil potatoes in swanson chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste, also add some real bacon bits and mozzarella cheese before you serve. Delicious and very hard to screw up! Carrots are optional, as well.

I put out some chicken tenderloin strips for supper. I think I will brown and chop them. Use a micro steamer bag of red baby potatoes and green beans I have in the freezer and toss it all together.
Okay, I have to ask. What the heck is chicken tenderloin? I know what tenderloin is on a cow but I have butchered a lot of chickens and the only spot even remotely similar to tenderloin would give you a small silver dollar sized piece of meat not a strip. I have been seeing ads referring to chicken tenderloin and I am confused. Is this just a name someone stuck on chicken strips for marketing purposes or am I less informed than I think?

Okay, I have to ask. What the heck is chicken tenderloin? I know what tenderloin is on a cow but I have butchered a lot of chickens and the only spot even remotely similar to tenderloin would give you a small silver dollar sized piece of meat not a strip. I have been seeing ads referring to chicken tenderloin and I am confused. Is this just a name someone stuck on chicken strips for marketing purposes or am I less informed than I think?
I might be wrong, but what I've seen labeled as chicken tenderloin, just looks like breasts cut into long strips.

Tonight we are having pork tenderloin (bbq seasoning) from the crock pot, apple sauce, mixed veggies, and some kind of starchy or stuffing type of side.

Yep. The store just labels strips of chicken breast (boneless, skinless) as 'chicken tenderloins'. Makes a faster 'stir fry' I guess. Bet they charge more. I never computed it though!

Wish Hubby would get back home! That Waldorf Astoria Stew smells WONDERFUL!!!! And I made corn muffins to go with. I could eat without him, but.......

Potato soup sounds good. H. likes that alot.

Boring supper here, just frozen pizza, our usual Friday supper (unless we happen to go out).

I asked H. about using our gift card to Olive Garden tomorrow night. Saturdays are so busy there though. Plus, not sure when H. will get home. He's working. We'll see.

Everything sounds good including frozen pizza!

I always call my husband H for short, but I am thinking of it as H for Harvey vs husband, but he is both
default_yes.gif

Not sure what's up for tonight yet, but the pork was pretty good yesterday!

I made chili in the slow cooker last night. Not sure what I'm making tonight, getting lazy. Hubby brought home shrimp fried rice Thursday night it was a wonderful treat and no dishes.

Crustless quiche with sausage, onion, green pepper, and cheddar. Sides are carrots and broccoli.

I've got corn chowder simmering on the stove now, going to serve it with corn bread. Looking forward to dinner tonight.

Last night we had bbq'd chicken legs with roasted green breans, onions, patatoes, butter & garlic & cheddar cheese.

Latest posts

Back