Using the slow cooker in the summer!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrose28

Reaction score
Oh the long hot days of summer! For me it's the right time to use the slow cooker as it doesn't heat up the kitche; not to mention we are all busy with horses, cutting grass, putting up hay, well you get the idea. Last night hubby cut some freash brocolli, huummm what to make, or what to do with it, so this is what I'm making for dinner: Beef and Brocolli

Put in your slow cooker one pound of beef, I'm using stew beef,

One cup beef stock

On half cup soy sauce

two tablespoons seasem oil

salt and pepper

one half cup honey, you could also use brown sugar.

cook on low for six to eight hours

remove a little of the juice and add two tablespoons of corn starch

add the corn startch mixture and turn on high for half an hour

Serve over rice

Terry, that sounds SERIOUSLY yummy, and we will be trying this one out! Exactly like you say, one awesome thing about a crock pot is you can make a really good hot dish, and not heat up the kitchen when it's already hot outside (our a/c is working overtime already). It is really nice to be able to make something in the morning and let it go to be delicious and ready when you get home / are done with chores! Wish I had put this one on this morning right about now!!!
default_eat.gif

Oh it is good, just ate, funny story, hubby opened the soy sauce at the wrong end, and poured way too much on his, but said it was still good. You can also use pork or chicken with this. Also add whatever veggies you want, it's the sauce that makes this meal.

When do you add the broccoli to the crock pot? the whole time or just that 1/2 hour?

Back