TWOIE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniwhinny

Reaction score
Just got back from Twoie's vet appointment. Dr. Smotzer is calling her "the miracle mini". It's over guys, I can't tell you how happy we are feeling. Her white blood cell count is almost perfect. He ventral edema is almost gone. Her proteins are still a little low but way better than the last check. She's being taken off all meds and apart from a check up in 2 weeks is back to normal. She won't be bred again (can't have another baby) but at just 4 years old she has a life time of loving and happiness coming her way.

For everyone who prayed, sent warm fuzzies, even offered financial help (which we turned down but SOOOO appreciate the thoughts...) and other offers of unbelievable kindness which have changed our lives...

[SIZE=18pt]THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
[/SIZE]

You helped us through this more than you'll ever know.

Here is a pic Glenn took of Twoie today on his cell phone. Her vet kidnapped her and took her into the reception are to say "hi" to the office staff and other vets.

04-17-07_1242.jpg

I can't even tell you how happy this makes me.
default_wub.png
:

[SIZE=12pt]All I can say is I have tears in my eyes and OH HAPPY DAY!!! The Forum Family comes through again. Miracles do happen and Twoie is a prime example of that.[/SIZE]

Please keep us posted and more pics when you can.

Barbie

PS: The filly in my avatar is another example of a miracle aided in a great part by this Forum. I truly don't believe she would be here without all the prayers and good thoughts that were sent her way almost two years ago.

Miracles like Twoie...are what make the losses bearable.
default_yes.gif
:

And again....the power of prayer is awesome!

What great news :bgrin :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I am so happy for both Twoie and you. Give her a big (((hug))) from me. Corinne

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Yayyy!!!

I'm so happy for you...

Liz M.

Yea Twoie!!! So glad to hear she is going to be okay, I've been following along and thats just great news! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

My heart just sank when I read "It's over".I was almost afraid to read the post, but I am so glad it's good news and your little one is better.Keep us posted on her continued good progress.

That is GLORIOUS!!!! :new_multi:

Twoie is a wonderful example of why vets are vets!

MA

I am THRILLED that Twoie is better!!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Oh Bevann...I didn't think about the "it's over" being read the opposite way...I'm sorry :no:

My heart is so light this morning. It's hard to think back to how close we came to loosing her and the tears of shear heartbreak that we shed. I can't say enough about my vet though, the entire clinic fought for this little girl, they just weren't going to take loosing her as an option. On one of Twoie's worst nights in ICU Dr. Gold stayed up with her all night going over everything again and again.

And then there are you guys...we've never felt so much love, compassion and caring from so many people. Don't ever think that one little post doesn't make a difference - because it does. We felt like we had an entire army of angels helping Twoie along.

(((((HUGS))))) to my HUGE forum family. I'll be posting pics of Twoie for many years to come thanks to all of you
default_wub.png
:

(continuing to pray for Nikki and Tunia the donkey now......
default_pray.gif
: )

Latest posts

Back