Sweating mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunappy

Reaction score
I know sweating is a sign in late pregnancy. I exspected my mare to foal last week already when she dropped, her vulva turned red, musy butt, relaxed behind, restlessness, biting and kicking at belly. No real bag but i could get clear salty fluid. Her vulva has turned back to pink. She started sweating last thursday during my nightly check in her flank, armpit and chest area, also VERY cranky, she is usually a very peaceful girl. Every night since then she sweats all night long. she still has no real bag but now the fluid is yellow, sticky and bland. How much longer can this poor mare hold out. I just checked on her and she is drenched. but by morning all dry and will start sweating again tomorrow night. Anyone else experience this? thanks nikki

i have only had one mare that broke in a sweat when she went into labor. Are you getting warm temps there?? I know it finally warmed up here and everyone is sweating due to winter coats.

Latest posts

Back