Sabino Shetlands

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crponies

Reaction score
Are there any lines especially known for producing loud sabino shetlands? Anybody have pictures of any? I have decided that sabino is my favorite pinto pattern and would love to see some nice sabino shetlands. I know they're out there, so please share. :bgrin I was reading some information about the sabino1 gene that has been found. It is so exciting to see what all is being discovered that will make it easier to breed the colors you want.

Here is a picture of Jaqckie Tyler's mare Emerald Glenn's Simply Irresistible. She was on the show string in 2005 and was very successful. She is by Royal Red Viking.

This is Van-Lo's Jessie James. Couldn't fine a buyer for him as a stallion :no: so I gelded him (He tested LWO negative so he is sabino)

VanLosJessieJames_20040906_08_450w.jpg

I think the Van-Lo lines produce a lot of Sabinos.

Then there is the filly and her I posted on another thread in this forum (no, Jessie is not the sire! LOL). The filly's dam is 2x Royal Red Viking granddaughter. Viking looks like he is a sabino.

Those are certainly all very nice ponies! Thank you. I would love to have some registered shetlands to breed, but it is so hard to let go of my little grade ponies I have now. If/when I do, maybe I can find something like this boy: maximum shetland colt

My mare, Country Star Rosie Flores, carries the Sabino gene (she's a tovero with some sabino characteristics). You can see her on my show string page and a good side shot on the Curtain shot page. Her dam, MJs Untouchable, is a maximum sabino and is owned by Sandi Costa of Country Star Farm. Sandi specializes in overos and has several sabinos. www.geocities.com/overoponies

Latest posts

Back