Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed today when I went to feed the girls that Bindi when she did a wee winked a bit. Do the do this normally with urinating or is it ONLY a heat sign? She has be pregnant tho right, she was with Wazza from Jan to April.

I've seen a few of mine winking while they wee, or just after. i think they're just trying to clean themselves off. Should just ask for some toilet paper
default_new_rofl.gif

Yep, winking after having a wee is quite normal, preggers or not - by the way I think we need a few updated pictures of Bindi (sideways on) so we can keep an eye on her progress.
default_yes.gif

oh that is so good to know haha! And Bree, tried the toilet paper but I get so puffed running up and down to the paddock all day!.
default_new_rofl.gif

horse roll.jpg

Ok i'll got out and take some proper photos of Bindi for yous
default_smile.png

Photos as promised...

DSC_0008.JPGDSC_0011.JPG

Looks a bit mottly in there around her teats but she only has pinto parents, any thoughts Diane?

DSC_0013.JPG

"They're giving out free food, WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME!!!!!!"

DSC_0007.JPG

Approx 263 days if settled on first cover but she was in the paddock with Wazza till April so at very latest she would be only 186 days. I was going to ask you girls what date you thought she looked more like but with poor Robin over on the other thread size obviously doesn't mean anything lol.

Just reading through a few posts on the last couple of pages and noticed you had a horsed named Wazza! I rescued a horse back in April and only knew her registered name so we decided to call her "Pippa" a couple months later I was connected with the old owner and found out her previous barn name was Wazza! Never heard of another horse with the name so I had to share
default_smile.png

Isn't it strange how unusual names can crop up sometimes!

Thanks for the updated pictures - I think that Bindi has at least a couple of months to go before she foals - will be interested to hear what others think. Sorry but cant remember if this is her first foal?

But she looks great - such a pretty mare.
default_yes.gif

You can get the patchy skin effect on pintos as well, sometimes the patches are large and sometimes small. You see the same on pinto colts and their bits.

Is Bindi confirmed in foal? Just from those photos I couldn't call it either way, if she does have something she's certainly got some work to do!

He came to me as Wazza and it kinda suited him so it stayed lol. This will be Bindi's first foal (if there is one in there!). Haven't had it confirmed as I'm not too worried about timing if she is. When she's eating apart from the normal sort of movement from guts and muscles, her belly near her flank area sometimes 'jumps'. So I'm hoping! At earlist she would be due mid Dec.

Looking at the pictures again and judging her as a maiden, I would say that she is hiding something in there! The next couple of months will give you your answer.
default_yes.gif

Will go out and get a tail shot soon.

Its probably a bit early to pop some champaign but Sweety was due to go back into season yesterday and so far nothing! We're going camping today for a week so I was hoping she wouldn't because we wont be here to get her covered. So hoping she's pregnant!

Still camping at the beach, have had beautiful weather but today it was pouring rain! Still wet and cold so decided to retreat into my tent and see what all you guys are up to. Feeling a bit aprehensive about what Sweety's doing, hoping there's no squatting and squirting going on. Had a lady enquire about Wazza the other day, she's super excited to ome and meet him. They are a showing family but have only had the biggies so far and wanted to get into minis. If she does buy him she wants get him ready and start showing before this show season finishes. I was a bit apprehensive about putting him up for sale, because you never really know a buyer, but I'm really happy my first enquirer was from a showing home.

Lady I told you guys about came and fell head of heals in love with Wazza today. I was a bit disappointed, probably hoped deep down that she wouldn't like him. Good news is that she will give him loads of love, totally spoils her horses rotten. She plans on getting him all clipped up and ready to show asap and even has his own paddock and mini stable all ready. If she lets me use her photos I'll put some up here when he's all clipped and handsome.

Back to Bindi - ARRRRGGGG!!!! Went to take some photos this arvo of the girl and she looks smaller than last pics. She has a mostly white backside so any chestnut colour is her belly or top of her left hip.

DSC_0008.JPGDSC_0009.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0023.JPGDSC_0025.JPGDSC_0027.JPG

SEE!!? She hardly looks preggas. Now I have a question for you boy lovers. I only just noticed Wazza's balls a couple of months ago. I thought that he was too fat to notice them before but the lady that came to day thinks maybe they probably just dropped. Does this mean that he wasn't 'working' all that time he was with Bindi???!! Think I'm going to have to get another tester.....

Congrats on finding a new home for Wazza, BIG hugs though
default_sad.png
It can't be easy.

Balls are tricky things, some boys carry higher then others and others are more temperature sensitive then others. If in doubt probably best to do a preg test but probably to early for that right now.

Thanks, I need a hug, been biting hubby's head off all night. Had a glass of wine and I'm rather sedate now
default_new_rofl.gif

Wazza went with his new mum today, and of course I had to have a melt down in front her! He's going to a wonderful home tho and she told me she will even bring him back to me if I have a change of heart. Bindi and Sweety were a bit upset but they've calmed down now. Sigh! Now I suppose I should get back to work...

Latest posts

Back