Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are some moments in that slowed down or is it just being cranky for me?

I don't like judging trot on the circle, he stumbled into a canter stride every now and again which can look messy. If you can get him in hand and have someone film you trotting him right out it might be more helpful.
default_smile.png

Where are you when I need you Bree! Ok so I'll redo the clip in a straight line, see if I can rope Rod into helping me.

LOL! Wish I was closer to give a hand.

Try and get him really powering forward, you'll get your best trot then.

I too would love to see a clip of him powering along in a straight line. In your clip above it looks as though he has a nice workman like action, but any buyers will want to see a bit more than that.

When you do the next filming (if you can get someone - Rob? - to use the camera), get a clip of him doing a decent side-on run up and then repeat it in another clip, but this time have the camera in front as he comes towards it, then let him go past and nip in behind him with the camera again to get a video of him from behind. This will not only show him moving from the side, but allow buyers to check how straight his movement is in front and behind. Hope this makes sense!!

It is such a shame that you feel that he has to be sold, but I do understand your reasons. Anyway you can try for a good home for him as a stud and if no-one that you like/feel happy with appears, you can always geld him and try again.

As far as Sweety is concerned, hopefully she is now in foal, but even if not, I doubt that you will find a good home for Wazza in the next couple of weeks, so you should have the time to catch her again if she returns in season.
default_yes.gif

Thanks Anna, you explained that perfectly. Now we just need to get Rod to film it so well that they won't see me in it - my trot might be a distraction as it isn't so elegant
default_new_rofl.gif

I've priced him higher than I was going to originally, probably my sub conscience wanting to hang on to him for a bit longer, even tho its stressing me out a little bit, the little blighter!

Some photos from today. Poor amorous Sweety is still in season, this arvo still squatting and calling to Wazza, even mounted Bindi.

The pretty girls

DSC_0027.JPGDSC_0035.JPG

Bindi always trying to get the attention when I'm trying to get a shot of Sweety

DSC_0030.JPG

Belly shot

DSC_0032.JPG

Wazza trying to give me his best side

DSC_0038.JPG

Thanks Anna, the more fingers the better lol

Got my first spam from my Ad for Wazza. It reads as follows:

Hi,

I am very keen,How i wish i could come and view him.but am currently away at the moment and i want him transported before i get back, though i will be back in couple of weeks. Due to my inability to make a bank deposit, I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for me. Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice or create an account at www.paypal.com.au if you dont have one I will make a concrete transport arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over for transport and inspection once you receive full payment into your PayPal account.I want him for my daughter who is an experienced rider as she wants him for a trailriding and i can assure you that he will be well taken care of Also,let me know his present condition and reason for sale. I will also like you to remove the AD from the internet to avoid further inquiry as i will definitely be buying him.

Have a nice day.

Few more photos will be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Marcus

Any ideas on a reply that will make him think I think he's for real but take him ages to read it? My hubby says to just ignore them but I like stringing them along since they think people are that stupid to actually believe them.

LOL!! Sorry not really a laughing matter, but I do wonder if these people think that we are really going to believe what they have written!!

I would ignore, but a good story could be built about Wazza's ability to walk under low gowing trees/bushes etc when being trail ridden due to his small size and being ridden by the writer's experienced daughter - who must be only 4-6 years old to be light enough to ride this 'large' horse!!

My new clip for Wazza

Still choppy trot, haven't managed to rope Rod into helping me yet, too dark when he gets home. But still, had fun trying to work out windows movie maker.

I agree Diane, and I DO like him!!

A good video to add to the info for anyone wanting to purchase, but when you can get the help you still need to get those shots to show how straight he moves. Good luck!

Was waiting for the neighbour to show some initiative and put up a tape their side of the fence but today whilst scooping poop (my favourite way to spend a spring morning) their horse was leaning over the fence onto our side, coughing and snotting. She also got her halter stuck in the mesh and freaked out, and pulled the mesh fencing up a bit. Because of the germs and the fence getting ruined I moved one of our tapes up and she's been staying about 50meters away now, musta got a good zap mwhahahahahahahaah!! Not her fault that she's sick tho, but I don't want my girls getting it.

Have had no interest in Wazza AT ALL. I have him listed as 'make an offer'. Does that make him sound too expensive or something?

The market is quite slow at the moment which won't help, unless your price is very low then your likely to have him for awhile.

I'd mention his price, people get very put off by 'make an offer' or 'price on enquiry' and I've only done it the once. If you list the price maybe with a 'price may be neg. but home is not' you might get a few more bites.

Thanks for the tip. I thought that might be happening, even tho I was intending to give people the option to say what they thought was a fair price.

Yeah most people find it offputting, either they worry about offending someone with a low price or they worry about offering something too high. In general the assumption is if the price isn't listed it will be high, not always true but it seems to be the general reaction.

Thanks, he is cute. No biters on wanting to buy him tho, even at $500 neg.

Here's my daughter, finally out and about again.

Latest posts

Back