pH dropping...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
pH dropped from +8.4 to 7.8 last night and to 7.5 tonight so far on the pool test strips.

I have my first mare to make her due date in 20 years of breeding... and I feel we will be going over.

Vet will be out Monday evening to check and reassure me that things are OK (337 days by then).

I hope the full moon on the 13th has some influence!
default_yes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good! Keep us posted........just hope she doesn't hit a plateau on those readings and drive you nuts.

MA

We have been at 1.75 on the Predict A Foal strips for a month until I ran out...so I am about ready to jump off the plateau we have been on!
default_wacko.png
: I am nuts already. :lol:

Calcium was up a notch this AM and she had 1 tiny bead of wax - but it looked like the kind of wax that you get when they kick at their bellies... haven't seen any more today. pH at 7.5 this AM but ventral edema is spreading...will go get pix (I have stuff to post but have to figure out how).

Watching and waiting still...don't think she will go until the 13th...but here's hoping for sooner!
default_yes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

What are you using for test strips?

Have you gone to the hot spa or pool water strips? They are much cheaper than the "Predict A Foal" kit.

MA

What are you using for test strips?

Have you gone to the hot spa or pool water strips? They are much cheaper than the "Predict A Foal" kit.

MA

I am using the HTH Pool Test Strips... heck of a lot cheaper!
default_yes.gif
:

No change this AM other than Intrepid is VERY cranky, to the point of being vicious to her stablemates which is not like her. Yawn. Can't say I blame her - I am cranky too!
default_yes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back