On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I didn't answer before Mary but I have just woken up. I will be around on and off for the night so I will watch as much as I can.

3.00 am and all is quiet

3am and she's down sternal, snoozing - hope everything will be ok for her and you Mary. How is she with her normal shots - perhaps she is just a bit 'upset' rather than having a reaction? I hope so.
default_pray.gif

I'm so sorry Mary I only just saw your post... :/ naughty Aunty Cassie, a bit of a crazy day 5:45am and she is standing quietly... I will try and watch tomorrow for you... hopefully she will cook that bubby just a little longer
default_smile.png

Thank you SO much for checking on her. Her poop is back to normal this morning!!!!! And I was able to get some sleep, checking on her myself every hour or so. I will be putting her out with the rest and keeping an eye on her while Clyde is gelded. Her alarm will work from her turnout area.

Thanks again!

You are so very welcome, you know you only have to ask
default_smile.png

I wish you all the best for today, give Clyde a hug from me.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Mares seem to be making very little progress, but as long as they keep that up, I am happy. In the meantime, for you Clyde fans, some photos from yesterday, the day after his castration, when we were making sure he was getting some exercise.

Clyde_head_3_13_zps4b5a71f8.jpg

P1080396_zps13390b94.jpg

P1080404_zps236a0fb3.jpg

Just a reminder that Toffee is carrying a full sibling and Dancer a half-sibling.

What a handsome boy he is! I am very excited to see the upcoming foals!

Thank you all! Actually, we put him on the market and got absolutely NO interest in him, so we are having to revise plans once again. After seeing these photos, we are not too anxious to find him a new home. I am going to start working with him more - splitting time with Bunny - and hope to get him ready for some Pinto and AMHR shows, He needs more work before the 4-Hers can work with him again, although he was good with them when he was younger. Hoping that lowering the testosterone will help! This also means that 2013 will probably be our last foaling season, because we are running out of room.

Oh, he is so gorgeous!! Here, there's more and more interest in horse agility and I'm going to be doing that with my minis. I wonder if that's something that might catch on down in CT especially for your 4Hers.

Did you ever sell your gorgeous little filly from last year?

MountainWoman- My husband just bought me a book on horse agility and that is definitely something to try with the 4-Hers. And, no we never sold Snappy and we have decided we don't care that she doesn't have Pinto spots because she is so adorable and will be the perfect therapy horse. So we will just have to do more of that. Yes, that is the other problem we have - we don't really want to get rid of any of them once we get attached.

I think Snappy has the best home she could ever have with you and I totally understand what you mean about getting attached to the babies.

Yes Mary, you wanted these babies so much that it is no wonder you are attached to them. I always had a hard time parting with any of mine
default_sad.png
You get attached to their litle characters
default_yes.gif

aww our precious Clyde is all grown up and SOOO handsome! I can't believe you didn't have any interest in him with that movement! wow.

agility is so much fun
default_smile.png
I love jumping my mini mare.

Dancer has been down sternal for a little while just resting
default_smile.png

and the grey horse (looks grey on cam ) lol is also down sternal... top LH cam...

Latest posts

Back