My Luck at the World Show......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
Well, I got a lot of Top 10's in my classes, but I was offered 3 new drills. Had no clue what the first person meant, then when the second guy said it, I had to ask. He said you need a new drill to get unscrewed! Oh, now I get it. Yep, I got screwed in a lot of classes especially showmanship! but thats the way the ball bounces.

But this puts the icing on the cake- I had Duke and Senor(my 2yr old gelding) in the Solid Color class. Well, Duke gets Reserve World Champion and Austin VanWyck beats me. So I want to see how I could have won, so up to the judges cards I go. Well, Austin and I tie , both with 22 points. But the call judge gave him ninth and gated me. my luck. So I dove in a little deeper to see where I might have pulled out one more point to have won the class. well, we know the call judge gated me, so I go to judge 3- got a first, same with judge 4- I got a first, so over to judge 5,- he places me 5th or something, don't remember. So I go back to judge 2 and look- I get a second under judge 2. UGH. So the big question was- Who beat me? who won under judge 2's score card?

MY FLIPPIN 2 YEAR OLD GELDING- SENOR won under judge 2's card!
default_wacko.png
my own freaking horse beat me out of the one point I needed for the World Champion title!
default_wacko.png
So that is how my luck went for the World Championship Show.

So now I have learned, never show 2 horses in the same class at the World Show!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was not a good World Show for many this year. The judges were going for a different type from last year.

That is just the way the ball bounces. Some years one farm does exceptionally well, the next year they are lucky if they take top 10's. Some years they like them ultra refined, other years they like them more stocky. Makes it hard for some people to decide what to breed for. I will continue to breed for what I like. Then some years I will do well, others I will not.

As for the color class, or any class for that matter. Yup, one should not compete against oneself.
default_biggrin.png

sounds like my luck with dog shows sometimes. If we are trying to build points I will sometimes enter more than one dog. It has happened sometimes that the "wrong" dog won.

( not really wrong, just not the dog I was trying to finish at that time!)

Oh and once one of the dogs I had out being specialed missed being #1 in the county by 4 points. Guess where he could have won those 4 pts ( and then some) the show that his occasionally shown brother won!

I know how you feel.

I got one championship and then blew the second opportunity. You get your 30 seconds to do it perefectly and you have to do all of it. Can't blame the horse though; I did it. He did exactly what I asked him to do.

Ah well, time to blow out the candles and wait until next year.
default_smile.png

All in all, we had fun.

Latest posts

Back