Miniature Mule .....We have a baby!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, she's definitely progressing and could be soon. Can't wait to see baby photos!

Here is today's update. Shylo is pretty moody. I think the baby might be starting to line up. I think she isn't as wide and maybe starting to make a V. I don't see much change in her udder.

April 21 (1).jpg

April 21 (3).jpg

April 21 (4).jpg

April 21 (5).jpg

April 21 (6).jpg

Looks like baby is moving forward of center, so hopefully getting lined up. If she looks more "slab-sided" then that is what is happening. She looks like she's getting loose in the back, and remember, her udder may fill with foaling.

Keep us posted!

Progress in her udder! Her poop has been getting softer too. I don't think it will be too much longer now. Pictures are from last night.

101_4411.JPG

101_4417.JPG

101_4420.JPG

April 25 (2).JPG

April 25 (3).JPG

Hey Alana, Any news to report ??
default_yes.gif

None yet, I hoping to have updated pictures sent to me tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's update. I think we are heading toward the finish line. Really bagged up now. Tail head is like jello.

May 2 (1).JPG

May 2 (2).JPG

May 2 (3).JPG

May 2 (4).JPG

WOW! She's looking good, and that udder looks great! Nicely elongated, and baby appears to be in position -- a nice little "V" with baby forward of center. Certainly looks like she could go when she decides it's time!

Praying for a safe and uneventful foaling of a healthy little one! Keep us posted, and I look forward to your announcement soon! Hope someone is watching her like a hawk!

Last edited:
I think she is ready, just a matter of when she decides to let that baby out. She has been passing loose poop since last night.

May 10 (1).JPG

May 10 (4).JPG

May 10 (3).JPG

May 10 (2).JPG

We have a baby. A little girl, named Mable. She came about an hour after i posted the pictures this morning. I was there with Shylo when she was giving birth but everything went very smoothly. Shylo is a great mom, making sure Mable is getting lots to drink and is staying right at her side. I love to see maiden's act like they have been mothers for years. Iam am so glad she had it when i was home on the weekend and not a college.

101_4763.JPG

101_4774.JPG

101_4784.JPG

101_4795.JPG

No sorry not appy spots. She was still a little wet as well as the lighting.

Never mind about the lack of spots SHE IS GORGEOUS!! What a pretty little girl, just look at those ears, absolutely adorable!!
default_wub.png

So glad to hear that all went well and Shylo loves her new little daughter.

Cant wait for more pics when you have the time - enjoy some sleep first!
default_yes.gif

Back