Mare bagging with milk

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You certain she hasn't been with a stallion? If so, could be hormonal
default_smile.png

previous owner states she wasn't even sharing a fence line. I am getting an ultrasound next week but haven't had this happen before

Has she had babies before? You are sensible to get her us'd just to be sure - do let us know the results please.

Could you share a couple of pictures of her with us please? Take one full side shot down at her level, and one standing at her tail end looking forward down her sides, again down at her level.

Can't wait to see, and good idea regarding the ultrasound!

IMG_0210.JPGIMG_0231.JPGIMG_0262.JPGIMG_0228.JPGShe has had at least one baby before. previous owner also states she bagged up when another mare foaled then tried to steal the foal.

She may be having a false pregnancy. She really doesn't look 'developed' enough in her tummy to be at the stage of growing an udder. I think you will have to wait for the us to give you an answer.

Pretty girl by the way!

I'm inclined to agree. I don't see any lopsided belly, and unless that little one is up by her spine and she's hiding it well, my guess would be that something else is causing the udder development. But, we're happy to watch and wait to hear what the ultrasound says! And I agree, she's a pretty girl!!

Latest posts

Back