Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROFL!!! I am not sure if that is complimentary or not
default_whistling.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Oh thanks girls, I really needed cheering up today
default_new_rofl.gif
Hey Miss Emotional, don't go blaming it on your mares
default_xkngt.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Well lets see if I am going to live up to the emotional name...
default_new_multi.gif
default_closedeyes.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_nono.gif
default_472.gif
default_wub.png
default_bye-sad.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_gaah.gif
default_impatient.jpg
default_hypocrite.gif
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thud.gif
How is that for mood swings ROFL!!! Anyhoo back to business...
default_rolleyes.gif
ELady still has her little start of an udder so that is good....BUT she has some serious competition catching up that might end up taking her place if she doesnt get a move on. Good news though, I got the cord for my camera today and got it hung and ready to go, now I just have to wait til thurs when my camera is scheduled to arrive and hopefully get it hooked up with no issues. Now just cross your fingers that I can get it to work over the three stalls although I will still be happy if it can only cover two, still better than what I have now with any luck!

Here are where my mares that are close to 300 days or past currently stand gestation-wise:

Fae doesnt have an exact breeding date but her breeder estimated her around 4/10 due date

E.Lady is 332 days (experienced broodmare but unknown as far as normal habits)

Buttons is 312 days (normally goes 335 days)--bagging

Naomi is 312 days (maiden)--feels like starting a bag

Babs is 312 days (normally goes in 320s)--I can never tell, she has an udder year round LOL

Mars is 306 days (has gone as early as 310 days or as late as 320s)--bagging

Babe is 298 days (went 325 and 338 with her first two foals)--bagging

Chippy is 308 days (normally goes insanely long last one was 353 days!)

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha oh dear poor Melinda
default_smile.png

wow E. Lady does have some competition! hurry up girl! your going to miss out on the camera footage if your not careful! time to see that baby now thanks
default_smile.png

glad that your cord has arrived yay! hopefully your camera arrives on time also.

until then we will continue to watch and wait...
default_impatient.jpg

Lawd Awmightly. You like to keep busy! Maybe more than one will foal about the time your busy drying off the first arrival. Get it over with so you have lots of fuzzy babies for us to watch!

Well, your little lady on cam was chewing on the top of the wall. I have a sure fire formula I make that keeps them from that. Only once I brought home a mini that chewed wood, but my paint on magic stopped all that.

LOL, yep gonna be busy round here once they all decide to get busy! rubyviewminis, I would love to know what your formula is for wood chewing...in all honesty I have never seen ELady do it so maybe its a sign ROFL! I have lots of young horses that like to do it though so willing to try anything. I have done the no chew, soap, and the hot sauce and well my horses stand there and lick it off LOL!

That's what I thought, that junior is being a pain and she is uncomfortable. Warning, be careful, blend Habenaro (sp) peppers, Cayenne powder, and either vaseline or mineral oil to paint it on, or to spray use water with a touch of dishsoap. Strain it good, couple of times and then use as a spray. I take what I strain and use it as a wipe on. Those are the little orange peppers that are probably a 1000 on the heat index so be careful. And when spraying I put on latex gloves and something over my mouth and nose. But then, I am famous for my clutsiness, and lack of physical grace lol. It has some staying power under rain conditions. In the past we put metal flashing over the top of any wood boards for our Quarter Horses just to prevent the habit from getting started. I wouldn't do that with the minis. Not long after doing this, the miniwoodchuck didn't even try chewing our few wood posts. But then he has company now, lots of room to play, and I give them everything they might need in their diet. Even so this stopped all attempts, we watched and snickered.

lol, I felt bad, but Masq had started following suit, and he licked, then spent four hours flapping his lips. I tell you I almost wet my pants. Apparently water didn't help, but he didn't act in distress! I fed him sloppy beat pulp for dinner early and it took the numb sting away. I would never hurt my little ones. But I have threatened to take them to the orphanage for bad little horses. The rest just sniffed and mosied on.

I am getting just as frustrated as the rest with Missy. AWH! No signs of moving forward, not one, nada. Its raining today so she is in and out.

Last edited by a moderator:
aww poor little E Lady has a gorgeous little rug on her today... it must be cold poor little thing!

p.s maybe she isn't foaling becuase you spoil her too much? lol na

I hope she keeps that baby in there until the weather settles down for you
default_smile.png
love that rug! (I have a thing about rugs LOL)

Night ladies, I am off for my beauty sleep (puppy permitting)

See you tonight Miss E

Yikes, that makes my mouth hurt just thinking about it LOL!!!! Might have to try that sometime though if I am brave enough! Yes, ELady and a couple others were a bit chilled today, they have shed so much already and of course then I clipped ELady's belly so that I wouldnt have to worry about the foal (you know that one that I am never going to get to see at this rate) ingesting hair or getting it in its eyes. Hopefully will be able to take it off in next few days if it warms up a bit, didnt help how windy and everything it was today, pretty miserable but still not as bad as farther north so cant complain too much! I got my camera today too but sadly didnt have time to get it hooked up, with any luck will tomorrow.

Ps I try to spoil her but she still doesnt like me (or anyone) ROFL!!! I swear she thinks any human interaction is horrible, first time I ever brushed her I thought I was going to DIE, lets just say she lost her cool....we had to have a little talk after that... lol! I love her blankie too, the cam doesnt show it well but it is blue camo :D, sad part is it doesnt fit around her belly so just counting on the leg straps to keep it in place.

Don't know if they make them in mini size, but they do make extenders for blanket surcingles, you might be able to find someone that could make one up for you. Here's one: http://www.horse.com/item/defender-blanket-extender/E005440/ Its brand specific.

Here's another style: http://www.horseloverz.com/Accessories/166518-Gatsby-Elastic-Replacement-Blanket-Surcingle.html This is the kind I've seen the most, they are usually elastic, and I don't know if they'd be too long for a mini blanket or not.

I wonder if the hardware on that second one you posted, would fit, its the same type, even if the band was too long, if the hardware is the right size, I could cut it down to size and resew it. Would be worth researching anyways or just see if I can find somewhere to just buy the hardware and then get the nylon separate....Will check into it, I have belly band blankets that get big enough but wasnt long enough for her.

If you have an old delapitated blanket that you can disect for parts, you wouldn't have to buy anything. If you live in a big enough area to have a blanket repair shop, they could probably make you an extender just right for your blanket.

she was down earlier Cassie, now at 4.20 am she is eating with the occasional yawn. Crazy horse next door is still pacing
default_thud.gif

Latest posts

Back