Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is supposedly 329 days today if the breeder gave me the right dates, they said she was ultrasounded in foal on 5/16 at 25 days gestation, so hopefully I did my math right too ROFL! And I suppose she could be one of those mares that actually goes full term too :p

I bet you were thinking we were pretty toasty LOL, I always assume you must be in winter when I hear your temps and not think about them being celcius! When it is in the 90s F or above it is WAY too warm for me, I like it in the 80s F. I keep wanting to clip on the days we get nice and warm and then it turns on us and gets cold again, Im pretty convinced spring is as likely to happen soon as my mares finally foaling
default_frusty.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
She is supposedly 329 days today if the breeder gave me the right dates, they said she was ultrasounded in foal on 5/16 at 25 days gestation, so hopefully I did my math right too ROFL! And I suppose she could be one of those mares that actually goes full term too :p

I bet you were thinking we were pretty toasty LOL, I always assume you must be in winter when I hear your temps and not think about them being celcius! When it is in the 90s F or above it is WAY too warm for me, I like it in the 80s F. I keep wanting to clip on the days we get nice and warm and then it turns on us and gets cold again, Im pretty convinced spring is as likely to happen soon as my mares finally foaling
default_frusty.gif

default_frusty.gif
hmmm yeah maybe... she could be a mare who bags up just before foaling...? either way she has to have it sooner or later preferably sooner rather then later lol.

haha yes it would be VERY toasty lol. yeah your cold 50 F is way way hot in 50C lol... quite confusing but I'm getting that hang of it
default_smile.png

I'm sure spring will be headed your way soon enough I would like the warmth to stay here at least till next saturday so suzie doesn't grow a coat before the Royal!
default_frusty.gif
default_thud.gif

Awh Melinda, you crack me up lol! Happy St. Patricks Day! Mine is a week behind yours, or 323 days at 3:23 or thereabouts, and still has a flat tire udder. Not her MO for foaling. And yes, I know the day and hour lol. We were landscaping when we heard a commotion in the horse pens, but I couldn't run fast enough to get through 3 gates to keep my determined mare from my soon to be gelded guy. I had not latched the gate all the way, and the one electric gate wire didn't phase her. At least then. I decided I might as well enjoy the experience, uh huh.

LOL, that is one way to know your breeding dates... apparently she thought he was one good looking guy :p

These horses can definitely keep us on our toes. Its amazing how many times I go to the barn to find horses have unlatched their stall doors! Of course they have a grand time spreading everything from one end of the barn to the other
default_hypocrite.gif

Happy St Pattys Day to everyone
default_yes.gif

522484_4998845966906_823407892_n.jpg

aww cute! love the st patty's day pic
default_smile.png

I have to double latch Smartie's gates! top and bottom! even if the gates open IN he manages to get the top with his teeth and pull it open :/ I guess at least he is living up to his name LOL.

how is E Lady tonight Melinda?

E Lady is still boring, no changes. As for all my foal pics, I am going to guess that whatever album I took them from must have gotten deleted or rearranged, sometime when I am ambitious I will try and fix them LOL! Mine can undo those snaps like on leads, in fact they can unsnap their leads and the ones on the gate chains LOL. I have tied a horse up and had him follow me away he unsnapped himself so quickly! Now when I am at shows and stuff I double snap opposite directions in the hopes I catch them faster LOL!

2:58am standing quietly holding up the wall with her butt.... she must be really scared its going to fall down! she does it all the time LOL

Thanks for all the updates, helps kind of make a pattern for her. Hopefully the yawning means she is getting closer, but most likely meant she was tired ROFL! Cross your fingers that she starts bagging soon before I lose my mind (well more than its already lost anyways!)

Well she has a baby bag started but Im not even going to pretend to be excited about that when she keeps doing that and then shrinking back down to nothing next time I check, I will believe her when her bag is mostly if not all full! As you can tell I am very impatient this time of the year LOL! Its such a long wait anyways and then to have them tease me this much, its just too much :p.

Awh, well, at least you can get your hopes up here........ and there............lol.

I always wonder how irritating for the mare it must be to have your milk bar full, empty, full, empty, and repeat. Ouch.

Latest posts

Back