Look what the Filly Fairy brought me!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphahorses

Reaction score
After 5 foaling seasons and only ONE filly, I was starting to just assume I would only ever have colts :no: I've gotten so I don't even check for a while!

I went to dip this little "guys" navel in iodine and .. what's this?... no "equipment"!!! Dare I hope! :new_shocked: I check and sure enough, a FILLY!!! :eek: But that can't be because the filly fairy doesn't visit our farm! :no:

So I check again .. sure enough. Still a filly!! :new_multi: Bouncing off the walls I'm so happy! Left for work and while I'm there I manage to convince myself that it could not possibly have been a filly - I must have imagined it... :no: so as soon as I get home, I'm embarassed to say, I checked again
default_blush.png
: Sure enough, STILL a filly!

As a friend said, one nice overo filly makes up for 10 colts! LOL :aktion033: :aktion033:

I have the dam up for sale.. now I have to resist the urge to keep her and try for another! :bgrin

MissysMonaLisa_AlphaFarmsIsntSheMagical_20060422_02_500w.jpg

After 5 foaling seasons and only ONE filly, I was starting to just assume I would only ever have colts :no: I've gotten so I don't even check for a while!

MissysMonaLisa_AlphaFarmsIsntSheMagical_20060422_02_500w.jpg

GORGEOUS!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations... if the filly fairy isn't too busy, send her to upstate NY! :bgrin

Denise

Silversong Farm

Congratulations. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I know how it is. We have only had one filly out of lots amd lots of colts. Just had a beautiful colt 10 days ago. Expecting one more foal this year and dare we hope for a filly.When we had our filly I called a friend and had her check the sex was afraid to look. That was 3 years ago and since then just colts.
default_wacko.png
:

Congratulations. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I know how it is. We have only had one filly out of lots amd lots of colts. Just had a beautiful colt 10 days ago. Expecting one more foal this year and dare we hope for a filly.When we had our filly I called a friend and had her check the sex was afraid to look. That was 3 years ago and since then just colts.
default_wacko.png
:
Wow - I really thought I was the only one with such "bad" luck! :no: You know I really shouldn't complain. The colts I've had have all been nice and healthy - no difficult births, no losses, no illnesses, and no dwarfs. I should count my blessings.
default_yes.gif
: But it just frustrates me that you almost can't GIVE pony colts away sometimes, no matter how nice they are!
default_unsure.png
:

2 more foals to go ...
default_pray.gif
: ... please let them be fillies! LOL

Thank you everyone for the nice compliments. :lol:

Sigh...
default_wub.png
: The filly fairy loves us this year, Ronaele!! What a gorgeous, gorgeous filly!!!

She's related to my Bobcat??????

Beautiful markings, I think I would take that one even if it had been a colt!

Can't wait to see more pictures to see the coloring on the face on the opposite side.

Congratulations.

Well you sure hit the jackpot :aktion033: :aktion033: When you get tired of looking at her - she can come and live with us anytime
default_yes.gif
: Congratulations :aktion033: :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back