Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH! I did as you said Cassie and used Ricky to show Tink how to lead and it worked beautifully! She did not flip out at all! I also did as Bree has said and first had her turn instead of walk forward and it really was the best way for me to do it with her because she didn't resist nearly as much. I am so proud of her and so was her little boyfriend.
Well done little Tink
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

YAY Tink!!!!! :D

yeah I would call them stockings
default_smile.png
she is sooo pretty! what a good girl she is , and what a good boyfriend Ricky is, showing her how its done
default_smile.png

Thanks, friends
default_smile.png

I separated Tink and Laney and Laney has already dried up. I knew she was weaning her herself so aside from a confused baby calling for her mom things went really smooth. Laney likes to see both Tink and Ricky at all times.. so they stay separately but all can see each other always.

Tink is so fuzzy, I may clip her again. Her fuzz is so thick she gets hot, again.

I may end up showing Tink before Ricky.. she needs work on the lead and to be desensitized a bit but that can be worked out.

We got some loose minerals and put chicken wire along the fence line so they can't chew our fence. We want to move and dont want to replace anymore boards! I am pretty sure it is just a habit for them. But I will be switching feed as I dont think it is the best for them anymore.

I sprained my ankle almost 2 weeks ago as I was walking across the yard to feed and it twisted in a small dip in the yard
default_sad.png
oh it hurt so bad but I had to get the feeding done so I limped and hopped my way through it. It is STILL swollen! but not nearly as bad as it has been.

I need to catch up on the threads again!

love you ladies! ((HUGS))

thanks for the update Megan
default_smile.png
what a good girl Tink and Laney are! how old is Tink now?

I hope you get to take her out to some shows soon
default_smile.png
very exciting!! what colour halter would you go for her? I can't wait for Penny's show halter to come
default_smile.png

will you show Laney at all??

Thank you. ladies!

I will go take a look at the link, Diane
default_smile.png

Cassie- Tink is right near 5 months now. I have no idea about the show halter! lol.. I need help with that! I won't ever show Laney. She is such a spook and kicks so it would be too stressful and dangerous. I don't think she would show well anyways.

I got new feed to see if Ricky does well on. The Purina Mini and Pony feed. Lots of folks around here say it worked well for them so I am weaning him slowly onto it. Probably the others too.

cool
default_smile.png
sounds like a good one
default_smile.png

haha dnt ask me about halters lol I'm hopeless, bree would be the best one to ask
default_smile.png

oh dear poor Laney.

how is your ankle feeling now? hope its better
default_smile.png

Ooooo that ankle sounds nasty Megan, do try to rest it as much as you can. Hope it improves very soon.

I think that young Tink is going to wow everyone at the shows once you are ready to get her out and about.
default_yes.gif

Thank you everyone! The more i rest my foot the better it feels.

I am upset with Tinkerbelle this morning. I noticed when I was feeding that Ricky's tail had been chewed. A huge amount was hacked off about halfway up. His body is actually changing and his belly is trimming down, and I was happy because I could show him sooner then I had been thinking.. but NOT anymore with that ugly tail. ugh
default_frusty.gif

How have any of you had a tail chewing foal? And what can be done? I have read it may be because she is lacking minerals (like wood chewing) which I am trying to fix that, and to possibly put something nasty on the tail of who is getting chewed.. but does anyone have anything they have used?

I can't separate them.. I only have 2 separate pens and Laney is in the other one.

default_crybaby.gif

Oh dear naughty Tink!! Yes, some youngsters do chew tails, but often it is more tail pulling during play time. Have you ever seen her chasing Ricky and grabbing at his tail. Not sure what you can do except to smother Rick's tail in something nasty for now. I havent heard of it being caused by somethng lacking, but it could be posible I suppose - perhaps the others will know and can give you a guide.

Glad to hear that your ankle is feeling better.
default_yes.gif

Thanks Anna! I have never seen her pulling on Ricky's tail at all. She must have chewed it all during the night last night.. it looks so bad
default_sad.png
I am going to take a photo.. it makes me want to cry looking at it. His tail was touching the ground and thick.. now its been hacked halfway up.
default_crybaby.gif

I went and got some liquid ivory soap and am going to go put it on his tail when i feed in a few minutes. I hope it makes her stop. I would hate her to hack it anymore. I may have to trim the long thin strip she didnt chew off if it looks too stupid left long.. ugh
default_frusty.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!! *drops to knees and fans Cassie* I couldn't find it! haha!

So I haven't got pictures of Ricky's tail downloaded from my old camera.. I'll have to take more since the only one isn't working right now.

I ended up putting Ivory Dish Soap on his tail and Tink stopped chewing it! She did so much damage that one night though, you'd think she did it for a while.

Tink is taller then Ricky now. Ricky is still plumper though (hehe). I changed their feed and they look awesome. Laney has really filled in places the old feed didn't get. She looks great. We have Laney separated from them still and she should be for another few months.

The other day I noticed Ricky acting like he was trying to drink from TINK. She was laying down and he was investigating. Little booger. He probably was wondering where her man parts were.

Ricky made Miniature Horse World Magazine for the October/November issue!! Look! he's on page 82!

rickymag.jpg

I'm going to search for some new pics to post.. may have to take some tomorrow if it doesn't rain
default_smile.png

I miss you all
default_sad.png

HAHAHA YAY for Ricky!!!

can't wait to see some pics of them all grown up!

I know exactly what you mean about little plumpers!!! LOL Finnley man still has that tummy!
default_thud.gif

naughty Tink I'm glad you have got it sorted now...
default_thumbup.gif

how is it going with house hunting? have things settled down for you guys?

so excited to hear from you and see new piccies!

Hey Megan - great to hear from you again. Looking forward to lots more pics of your gorgeous trio!
default_thumbup.gif

Will keep a look out for that picture of Ricky (love it!) in the mag once it arrives here.

Hope all is well with you?

These pictures are from several weeks ago but I though you'd enjoy
default_smile.png

tinkrick-2146.jpg

tinkrick-2148.jpg

tinkrick-2151.jpg

more to follow..

tinkrick-2154.jpg

tinkrick-2157.jpg

tinkrick-2161.jpg

default_thumbup.gif

Thanks Cassie and Anna! I am doing good. Busy with different things. We aren't actively looking for a house right now, we are looking into different areas though and trying to plan things out. Hope to be out of here in the next 2 years though. Things have settled a little, got lots to do to get ready to move and things we are getting in order. Really need a new car now so we are going to look next weekend and see what we can find.

Tink does much better on a lead now. May show her next season. Ricky I have to starve to get him to lose the belly so I don't think we will show him till I can work him more. He will be two next year! I do want to walk him in the parades tho. We will see if that happens.

Oh Megan!!! Tink is beautiful! And you know that Ricky is my favortie red and white pinto, so he is handsome as usual! I think that Tink needs to come to alabama...she would look amazing in my pasture!
default_yes.gif

I also wouldn't mind having Tink in my paddock
default_wink.png
Love that blue eye!

Latest posts

Back