Its time for a Website

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Novel_tfarm

Reaction score
Ok, All. Its time for a website. I am fairly intelligent when it comes to the internet and my computor. I bought WebEasy 5, Let me say I don't find it that easy !!!! So what software do you guys use and can I find it on the internet ???

I have been busy working on my website with Macromedia Dreamweaver. Took me a day to understand but now I just fly through the pages. I don't think you can find it online, possibly as a trial though.

We use Frontpage 2003. It is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) program. Very simple to use. I don't know if you can download it though. We bought ours at Staples.

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to use. It can do a lot more things than I can think of.

default_smile.png

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 for all of the websites I build (including my own.)

Freeservers.com has a good site builder with several templates for you to use. The Starter Plus package costs 39.95 per year and it includes

> 50 MB Web Space

> 2 GB Bandwidth

> 5 MB File Size

> 8 Stats/Reports

> E-mail/Phone Support

> Inexpensive Expert Consulting

> FTP Access

> 1 POP/Webmail Account

I have had up to 3 intense websites on my space at once and had loads and loads of space left. I get my domain name through namesecure for 7.95 a year. It's easy to integrate into Freeservers.... or you can simply buy your domain name through freeservers (actually through melbourne.net) for about 10. per year.

I recommend it to all of my clients, and I use it myself. I don't use the site builder but I am going to famliarize myself with it so that I can instruct future clients (now that I have decided to go back into webdesign) on how to use it to update their own sites.

I use Frontpage for the 6 I do (for me and a few businesses) and I host with Freeservers with their $100/year (or so) package for the 2 auctioneers I do them for (My donkey, embroidery and our cabin sites I use the 39.99 package to remove banners etc.)

I don't use anything other than notepad to do my websites. I find that it keeps the files much smaller and cleaner as it doesn't add notes about the software that is used to create it. And there is plenty of help on the internet about html codes that you can work from. And of course there is the "html" for dummies reference book that I find valuable.

We have DreamWeaver, tho' until we have the permanent site up I spent a half day on www.freewebs.com and created a free website there (BEYOND EASY!) that will hold us over until I'm done with the permanent site. Actually, wasn't bad for a free website: CHECK OUT OUR TEMPORARY SITE HERE

If you have access to Earthlink they give you a free Build Your Own Website program. That is what we have. When I did our website the only thing I knew how to do was turn on the computer & send emails.

Latest posts

Back