How long can stage 1 labor last?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great, can't wait to see the pictures. A good side picture at her level, and a good "from the back" picture at her level also, will show us how baby is now riding!

This could end up being a Super Bowl baby. Just thinking of the names that could be associated with that possibility.

Call it commercial overload
default_giveup.gif

She working on it now I'll post more pics her belly in a few she's rolling and stretching alot

She has milk dripping out of her boobs her feet are soaked in milk. Does this happen right before labor

Its getting awefully real out here I'm sooo excited. Come on baby lol

Go figure its the coldest night of the year so far its suppose to snow lol

They are talking snow here in NC as well. I am not in the mountains.

So far, it's not nearly as cold as it was yesterday/last nite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go figure its the coldest night of the year so far its suppose to snow lol
If baby needs a blanket, at least for the first few days; dog coats will work, as will child's sweatshirt, if you don't have a foal blanket. I'd recommend making sure the mare is watching you blanket the foal, so she realizes it's her foal, some will react weird to a blanketed foal returned them (the smell or sight is off, so they get upset).

I really like kids sweatshirts - maybe because that's what we had on hand with our first foal...

a3ea.jpg
cd6a.jpg

Looking forward to hearing how she did last night!!

I'm an emotional reck we had a red sac delivery last night and I tried so hard to get the lil guy out but the lil colt didn't make it. She had a black colt with white socks. I could find his other foot in time.

Oh, I'm so sorry for you. But, you saved the mare, and that's the MOST important thing. Don't fret with yourself, you tried all you could, and all of us have lost little ones. The key is you did what you could, and were knowledgeable to help her -- saving her life. Don't forget, even vets can't save them all, and we are ALL SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

Let us know how you are doing, and how momma is doing. We're all very sorry for the loss, but happy momma is doing all right.

I too am so very sorry. Like Diane said you tried all you could. You prepared and educated yourself and were extremely attentive. I always feared what if I had to deal with a red sac. Most of us truly have had losses with these little ones. I never had red sac but my first foaling ended up an emergency C-section and I still remember the heartache of the colt not being alive . It will be natural for you to grieve but in your case you need to hold your head up and be proud of because of your efforts. Wishing you and your pretty mare healing through this.

Latest posts

Back