Hours to Drive 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So since I haven't had to record "team" time yet I've been trying to figure how to do it. Since we are keeping track of the total time we are driving rather than the total time each horse is driving I am splitting the recorded team time evenly between both horses on the team. Does that sound okay to everyone? So if you have 60 min driving a team I give each horse 30 min of that time. That way when you drive those horses single I can add the single time under their name rather than just having one slot with all of your time combined. Am I making any sense??? Some day's it's hit or miss for me.

I'm hoping to go find Clem a teammate this fall in Colorado since the sale in Iowa didn't work out for us last year. I'm still pretty bummed about that but such is life.

And sorry for the double post but I wanted to put this separate so it didn't get skipped over.

Suggestions for how to do awards/prizes at the end of the year?
Highest total hours? (First highest only or first and second? Third?
Hightest total in one month?

Any suggestions are welcome. I've got a few small but fun ideas for awards to ship out so nothing major but fun none the less.

We are very busy! 60 minutes sulky driving for Massai yesterday.

@MajorClementine: It's ok for me if you log the half the team-time for every horse. I think as a price for the highest and second-highest total hours at the end of the year, an award (could be used as an avatar or in the signature text) would be great!

Good luck for your teammate-search. I know this is not easy - I was looking for years before I found the perfect teammate
default_sad.png
There are so many ponies for sale but most of them were not compatible due to either health problems or not the requested attitude to work.

We are very busy! 60 minutes sulky driving for Massai yesterday.

@MajorClementine: It's ok for me if you log the half the team-time for every horse. I think as a price for the highest and second-highest total hours at the end of the year, an award (could be used as an avatar or in the signature text) would be great!

Good luck for your teammate-search. I know this is not easy - I was looking for years before I found the perfect teammate
default_sad.png
There are so many ponies for sale but most of them were not compatible due to either health problems or not the requested attitude to work.
I love the idea of an avatar or signature award! I think I'll figure a little something to mail as well but what a great idea. Thank you!

Have you posted a pic of your sulky on here before? I'd love to see it. I have a bit of an obsession with sulkies....

As for the teammate, I'm really hoping I can find her one soon. So far all the good candidates I've found have been too small. She's 38" and all the good teammates were closer to 32". That's a big difference in minis
default_frusty.gif

Charlie , too, is 38 inches, and Daisy is 31 1/2 inches, they would be a perfect pair except for size. they have the same attitude .

i had a pair last year, Charlie and rosco. however, rosco kept taking off and so that ended with rsco finding another home and daisy moving in.

glad you are taking your time looking.

We drove today in the morning, +75 min for Massai!

I added a picture of Massai with the sulky. It's a customized sulky made in Germany and designed for being used outside. We love this cart!

I drove my 38" gelding with my 31" stallion as a pair for many years - it worked great, but it's a challenge until the harnesses, reins and stuff is adjusted correctly. And it didn't looked perfect with two different ponies like that. But it worked and we had a lot of fun
default_smile.png
Teddy is the first teammate to Massai who has the same size, so it's something new for him to walk with a horse who isn't taller. I suppose he's even more motivated since Teddy is his sidekick, but I'm not sure if this is caused by only the horse size.

20170617_115138.jpg

LOVE the sulky. It kinda reminds me of a hyperbike but with major suspension. Bet you have a blast in that thing!

I have a hard enough time getting harnesses adjusted on a team that is the same size. I'd be a mess trying to hitch a team that was very different in size. Props to you for being able to make a hitch like that work. I just don't know enough to even begin to attempt it. Maybe someday...

Also loving the hoof boots
default_smile.png

PRIZES!!!
default_xreiter.gif
default_firstprize.gif

Now that I have your attention. We will be awarding a (small but fun) prize for these categories:

1. Highest total hours driven 2017

2. Highest total hours driving in one month

default_please.gif
Need Feedback Please.... On total hours driven, do you want that split into two categories and prizes with driving and ground driving separate? Or just total hours driven? I have been combining driving and ground driving (I figured if you've got the reins in hand then it counts) but I can go back and create a separate spreadsheet and do one for each. Post your opinion so I can get on splitting the times if needed. Thanks guys!!!

50 minutes for the team Massai & Teddy yesterday.

hm, there's something wrong with the time on the sheet. I think you mixed up the time of Massai to Teddy or something - Massai should have more than Teddy because I drove him 2 times on the Sulky for longer than 1 hour each ;)

I like the idea of separating driving and ground driving hours too! I started Moonys ground driving training last week and I may like to join the challenge too :D

Back